Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the Pro Italia Fender eliminator kit w/ hi-mount pipes. I was thinkin of getting this, but thinking that the turn signals may get in the way.

Any pix you could post would be appreciated also. =)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I purchased a fender eliminator from ProItalia a couple weeks ago, though I have yet to recieve it. They are waiting on a bracket of some type from their vendor to complete the kit before shipping them out. Once I get mine I'll post a "review" on here...

-Jordan
'03 Monster Dark 800

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I picked up a fender eliminator from Evoluzione Cyclesports a few months back. It cost like $20 and is super easy to install. I can e-mail you pics of my bike if you'd like to see it. I don't have hi-mounts, but you can probably get a good idea of what it will look like.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the signals are relocated up next to the tail light... you shouldn't have any issues with high pipes with the pro italia tail eliminator.

i have a year or two old pic on strati's s4 page listed near the top under MarkV. where i have the flush mounts is where you'd mount the stock indicator pods.

the evoluzione plate relocator still leaves the breakfast table in place on the back of the duck.... simple mod but ain't nearly as fun as taking a hacksaw to the duck.

·
Registered
81 Posts
So besides the hacksaw, which fender eliminator gets rid of the breakfast table on the rear? Is there one that atleast SHORTENS it?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
The ProItalia Fender Eliminator I purchased finally shipped out this week. I should have it by the end of the week and will try and post my impressions on it. I can't wait to put the Monster on a diet and slim down the booty... ;)

-Jordan
'03 Monster Dark 800

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would like one like in between #3 and #2. I like the short clean look of #2, but don't dig cutting anything, but I also like, but at the same time not, the #3.

BTW, who makes #3? I would like to get a fender eliminator that gets rid of the big black thing with the signal AND the part that holds the plate like #3?

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
#3 top- CarbonDream
#3 bottom DP

there are a couple others...but not very many
(those are the only ones i could think of off the top of my head)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is there a side shot of #3 in comparison to how much shorter it is than stock?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Dangit Higgie....

Laura's bike just gets better looking every time I see it.
Everything is just_so_.

Is that am Early Monster fairing or ???

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Dangit Higgie....

Laura's bike just gets better looking every time I see it.
Everything is just_so_.

Is that am Early Monster fairing or ???
<sigh>
Laura is Fillmore's girlfriend.
Karen is my wife.

everybody gets us switched...
(well, hopefully not the two ladies mentioned above!)

thanks for the compliment, btw... fairing is from FastCompany. we were thinking about paint next.
i was pushing for an anthacite-color racing stripe....she's thinking silver ghost-flames.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
saw a billet aluminum piece that replaces the plastic tail at the ducati.net party this year. i'm assuming it was made so the owner wouldn't half to hack the rear end off of his foggy rep s4. have no idea if it is something readily available or just a one off job. not my cup of tea but if you wanted to remove the plastic shelf, relocate the plate and lights, without the hacksaw that would be the way to go. it left the frame rails exposed and bolted on top of the cross members. they hung the plate and some indicators from it. you might try asking around on the ducati.net list...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Higgie,

My apologies for the mistaken identity. :-[

I'll start over.

KAREN's bike just gets better looking every time I see it.

Thanks for the info on the fairing.

Perhaps flames and a stripe?
Been thinking seriously about some ghost flames myself.

·
Registered
81 Posts
They had that thing at the Ducati Dealer here for 300 BUCKS....screw that. It was too Bling-Bling for me. Still looked kinda bulky too, and it looked like it was made for a giant SQAURE license plate.....

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was trying to get some good advice on which fender eliminator kit to buy, but all the ones mentioned on the board here are for the newer Monsters. I was wondering if anyone has a good one that is for the '99 models or older.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is the Shift-Tech short tail... (you need to cut the frame by 8.5cm)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts