Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, do you think that a Competition Werkes fender eliminator from a 696 will fit and work on a monster 796? Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the info, but my worry is that because the 796 has an exhaust valve and the 696 has none.
You can always put the Duc.EE unit in it if you're worried about that. It'll get rid of the entire valve motor :smile But the Revzilla link claimed it was the same part for all 3 models, so if that link was the same looking unit, I'd bet it'll work with no issue.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can always put the Duc.EE unit in it if you're worried about that. It'll get rid of the entire valve motor :smile But the Revzilla link claimed it was the same part for all 3 models, so if that link was the same looking unit, I'd bet it'll work with no issue.
Thanks for the input. Maybe opting for the evotech brand sonce I dont want to relocate the key on the seat.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for the input. Maybe opting for the evotech brand sonce I dont want to relocate the key on the seat.
The Evotech puts the key right up over the RH can... not very handy after a ride.

The Exhaust flapper is too far forward to interfere with any fender eliminator, so, yes, the 696/796 is the same.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Evotech puts the key right up over the RH can... not very handy after a ride.

The Exhaust flapper is too far forward to interfere with any fender eliminator, so, yes, the 696/796 is the same.
What do you mean far too forward? I am picturing that as the 696 has no exvalve, there wouldn't be any hole or whatsoever in the said cw kit. but havent really seen a cw fender eliminator in person.

·
Registered
197 Posts
What do you mean far too forward? I am picturing that as the 696 has no exvalve, there wouldn't be any hole or whatsoever in the said cw kit. but havent really seen a cw fender eliminator in person.
The flapper is in front of the exhaust Y, no where near the rear fender. It's a non-issue.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
That's the exhaust servo.... and my thought is the CW will fit anyway, even if it's built to accommodate the servo on the 796. I can take a pic of my Evo if you want to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's the exhaust servo.... and my thought is the CW will fit anyway, even if it's built to accommodate the servo on the 796. I can take a pic of my Evo if you want to see what it looks like.
Yeah, I mean the servo. my bad. lol. yes I would like to see. thanks. did you use CW fender eliminator on your Evo?

·
Registered
197 Posts
The box section seen in the first photo leaves room for the 796 exhaust servo, but is probably just empty room for the 696/1100.

2nd photo... I have a Duc-ee.

Bad key position. I don't pull my seat very often, so I don't really care, but if you hang your helmet a lot, I could see where it would be a pain.

did you use CW fender eliminator on your Evo?

I meant Evotech.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The box section seen in the first photo leaves room for the 796 exhaust servo, but is probably just empty room for the 696/1100.

2nd photo... I have a Duc-ee.

Bad key position. I don't pull my seat very often, so I don't really care, but if you hang your helmet a lot, I could see where it would be a pain.

did you use CW fender eliminator on your Evo?

I meant Evotech.
Yes that box on the first picture, aint the CW kit' box is slimmer and may not house the servo?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'll tell you... all the taillight wiring and such is down in that well, too... so if they eliminate the room for the servo, they would have to route the wiring harness elsewhere. Easy solution would be to make one model for all 3 bikes...

You could always call CW...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll tell you... all the taillight wiring and such is down in that well, too... so if they eliminate the room for the servo, they would have to route the wiring harness elsewhere. Easy solution would be to make one model for all 3 bikes...

You could always call CW...
Thanks Charlie for all the info.

This I think is the fender eliminator for the 696. look at the bottom side of the tail.
https://amsducati.com/competition-werkes-ducati-monster-696-fender-eliminator

1 - 20 of 20 Posts