Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

i’m looking to put a fender eliminator on the new monster model (2021 937cc) and i cant seem to find a compatible piece listed onto the major manufacturer. Anybody knows if a fender eliminator if fitting the new monster model? Or if one can be retrofit to fit in?

thx!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Anybody knows if a fender eliminator if fitting the new monster model? Or if one can be retrofit to fit in?
Good luck this early since the release of a new model.
I doubt the aftermarket would have had a chance to get one and start making parts for it yet.
It's a completely new design so there's a fair chance that there won't be anything interchangeable apart from some engine and suspension bits.
You're a pioneer.
Any aftermarket manufacturers will be looking for some nice customer to lend them a bike for a few months so they can make parts.
See your dealer and find out what DP parts the factory has to offer.
Let us know how the bike goes.
Is it a real monster?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up my new Monster this weekend. I too need to remove that ugly boom on the back. I emailed Evotech and they said they are working on a new tail tidy for the 2021. It is in the design phase now. I guess we wait.

Hi guys

i’m looking to put a fender eliminator on the new monster model (2021 937cc) and i cant seem to find a compatible piece listed onto the major manufacturer. Anybody knows if a fender eliminator if fitting the new monster model? Or if one can be retrofit to fit in?

thx!

·
Registered
319 Posts
So, apart from having an ugly rear mud guard and number plate holder (like just about every bike) what's the "new monster" like?
How about some pics?
Anything in particular you love or hate about your bikes yet?
We're all curious to hear some opinions about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, apart from having an ugly rear mud guard and number plate holder (like just about every bike) what's the "new monster" like?
How about some pics?
Sure, coming from Harley's, this is my first sport bike so take it all for what it's worth. I don't have anything to compare it to.
First off, the bike ergonomics are great. I'm 5'10" 240 and it is comfortable. I put on it's first 100 miles this weekend and wasn't even sore except my crotch area. I might have to get used to the seat like my mountain bikes.
Second, this thing doesn't like to be lugged down cruising at lower speeds. It's meant to be ran with high rpm's around 4000 from what other forums say. It's meant to be run like a raped ape.
I did not know that when buying my first sport bike. Maybe most bikes are like that, Idk. I think I should have went with a MT-09 that runs smoother at lower speeds. I'll just have to get used to it.
I rode mostly in Urban mode to get used to the bike. Power seemed great. Then on a straight away, I put it in sport mode and pulled the tire off the ground, lol. It's wicked. It handles great. Digs into the corners and agile.

Third, there is some vibration in the handlebars. Nothing to concerning. Maybe some bar end weights would help.

4th, I did not know about the cost involved in service. I probably would have gone with something else. $450 first oil change. $1700 at the 18,000 mile valve service. You can't even do it yourself, so you have to take it to a dealer and have them reset the computer, if they even would.

Doing some reading on other sites and videos, I guess these are all features inherent of a Ducati.

5th, the display is well lit, informative, and intuitive. It's pretty sleek.

It's definitely going to need an exhaust. It's too quiet for me, lol

All and all, it's a sexy beast of a machine. I love it and I'm sure previous Ducati owners will love it too knowing all these quirks are normal.

Again, i'm not a pro rider.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sure, coming from Harley's, this is my first sport bike so take it all for what it's worth. I don't have anything to compare it to.
First off, the bike ergonomics are great. I'm 5'10" 240 and it is comfortable. I put on it's first 100 miles this weekend and wasn't even sore except my crotch area. I might have to get used to the seat like my mountain bikes.
Second, this thing doesn't like to be lugged down cruising at lower speeds. It's meant to be ran with high rpm's around 4000 from what other forums say. It's meant to be run like a raped ape.
I did not know that when buying my first sport bike. Maybe most bikes are like that, Idk. I think I should have went with a MT-09 that runs smoother at lower speeds. I'll just have to get used to it.
I rode mostly in Urban mode to get used to the bike. Power seemed great. Then on a straight away, I put it in sport mode and pulled the tire off the ground, lol. It's wicked. It handles great. Digs into the corners and agile.

Third, there is some vibration in the handlebars. Nothing to concerning. Maybe some bar end weights would help.

4th, I did not know about the cost involved in service. I probably would have gone with something else. $450 first oil change. $1700 at the 18,000 mile valve service. You can't even do it yourself, so you have to take it to a dealer and have them reset the computer, if they even would.

Doing some reading on other sites and videos, I guess these are all features inherent of a Ducati.

5th, the display is well lit, informative, and intuitive. It's pretty sleek.

It's definitely going to need an exhaust. It's too quiet for me, lol

All and all, it's a sexy beast of a machine. I love it and I'm sure previous Ducati owners will love it too knowing all these quirks are normal.

Again, i'm not a pro rider.

Hope this helps
Congratulations on the new Monster! FWIW, depending on location, I suspect you can do better than $450 for your first service - and probably all service.
I ride a new 1200 S and just had the 600 mile service done at Pro Italia, just north of Los Angeles, for about $280 - and I consider them a premium shop.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
How about some pics?

It’s my first monster so i cant really make a good comparison with an old model. I’m still in the first 1000km and coming from Panigale 899, so i can give an early impression and/or a comparison with the riding style of the panigale. 5’11´´ 200lbs rider.

Loss of the treillis is a loss of one of the staple of the monster but it doesn’t break the overall « monsterish » attitude of the bike IMO.

Position riding is not as agressive as i would like. But as i said, im coming from a Panigale riding position. For urban riding it is good, but as soon as you hit windy ride (speed >100km/h and/or heavy wind), position can get little bit uncomfortable, and tucking in is not really an option as you get your elbows upright in your head/shoulder.

And i guess it’s an aerodynamic issue, but riding in the rain the water tend to be sucked in your ass, which can get pretty wet lol. Not an issue i had with the panigale, probably due to the aerodynamics of the fairing.

Didnt had a passenger yet, but definitely more comfortable than my old panigale LOL.

The power IS there. Very fun bike to ride, the 111hp is really showing from 0 to 200km. But it seemed a little bit thirsty. Hardly make 150-175km with a full tank.

As i am in North America i lost the euromodel flasher cuz regulation (🙄) which is a shame. Will look to change it back to european design, and get a drag handlebar to get a slightly more agressive ride position. With the fender eliminator of course.

Overall i’m at the moment really happy with the bike. It is Ducati so maintenances are always on the pricey side, but these bikes are something else, part motorcycle and part art piece.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
$450 first oil change. $1700 at the 18,000 mile valve service.
18000 mile service, lucky bugger.
Having a new bike I'd use a dealer for warranty reasons but thankfully mine is 20 years old and I have a ducati trained mechanic who has his own shop (not official ducati) so I can actually afford servicing.
Remember that the official big service includes stuff like chain and sprockets, maybe brake pads so it is more than just check valves and change fluids.
You can't even do it yourself, so you have to take it to a dealer and have them reset the computer, if they even would.
I'm sure you could do the valves (the new engine has valve springs?) but being this new no one has had a chance to play with them yet. Even resetting the service on the computer the aftermarket will eventually figure it out.
The power IS there. Very fun bike to ride, the 111hp is really showing from 0 to 200km. But it seemed a little bit thirsty. Hardly make 150-175km with a full tank.
I can get 250 kms before the fuel light comes on with the S4 riding highway and being sensible.
A bit of fun in the twisties and it eats the fuel pretty quickly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I saw that there is an OEM "fender eliminator" though I don't know how much smaller it actually is. https://amsducati.com/monster-monster-937-fender-eliminator

I'll be picking up my '21 Monster in aviator grey next week. They're fitting a full Termi exhaust on it right now
Wow - that looks several centimeters shorter! ;)
I'd bet solid tail tidy shops like New Rage Cycles, Comp Werks, Motodynamic and Evotech are all hard at work and will have something great available soon.

Awesome that you are able to get Termis fitted at the dealer. It's become nearly impossible for a road bike in the U.S. I had to do it all myself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It’s my first monster so i cant really make a good comparison with an old model. I’m still in the first 1000km and coming from Panigale 899, so i can give an early impression and/or a comparison with the riding style of the panigale. 5’11´´ 200lbs rider.

Loss of the treillis is a loss of one of the staple of the monster but it doesn’t break the overall « monsterish » attitude of the bike IMO.

Position riding is not as agressive as i would like. But as i said, im coming from a Panigale riding position. For urban riding it is good, but as soon as you hit windy ride (speed >100km/h and/or heavy wind), position can get little bit uncomfortable, and tucking in is not really an option as you get your elbows upright in your head/shoulder.

And i guess it’s an aerodynamic issue, but riding in the rain the water tend to be sucked in your ass, which can get pretty wet lol. Not an issue i had with the panigale, probably due to the aerodynamics of the fairing.

Didnt had a passenger yet, but definitely more comfortable than my old panigale LOL.

As i am in North America i lost the euromodel flasher cuz regulation (🙄) which is a shame. Will look to change it back to european design, and get a drag handlebar to get a slightly more agressive ride position. With the fender eliminator of course.

Overall i’m at the moment really happy with the bike. It is Ducati so maintenances are always on the pricey side, but these bikes are something else, part motorcycle and part art piece.

View attachment 227120 View attachment 227121
May I ask: what is the clutch pull-feel like? Hydraulic type? Does it take a lot of finger strength for the clutch?

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
May I ask about the clutch feel and strength needed? Is it hydraulic?
Does the Termi help sound?

Thanks!
I can tell you that the clutch pull is a bit more difficult than hydraulic clutches normally are. The pull is in-between a cable and hydraulic as far as effort, IMO

·
Registered
4 Posts
How about some pics?
I've only had mine a few days and love it, but the main issue I have with it is the wind. Even on the test ride, I didn't feel this much resistance. I have got to find some sort of retro fit or over the little fairing- windscreen of some sort. The weight reduction made an incredible difference. It's super fun and I am really enjoying all of the options for power, traction control etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been in contact with at least 3 companies. They said the fender eliminators are all in the design phase and will be available in a few months. Bummer.

After putting around 600 miles on my bike I have a few things to add. Holy crap does this thing get hot. If you like your berries cooked, then this is the bike for you. For the life of me, I have no idea why the engineers would route the exhaust right up under the seat. Someone was hung over that day.

I don't find the wind an issue at all. Yes it is windy, but I'm coming from a Harley Deuce with no shield so I must be used to it.

The clutch isn't hard to pull in. Better than cable I know that. I can pull it in with one finger, but wouldn't want to do that consistently.

Besides that, it has been a blast riding this thing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been in contact with at least 3 companies. They said the fender eliminators are all in the design phase and will be available in a few months. Bummer.

After putting around 600 miles on my bike I have a few things to add. Holy crap does this thing get hot. If you like your berries cooked, then this is the bike for you. For the life of me, I have no idea why the engineers would route the exhaust right up under the seat. Someone was hung over that day.

I don't find the wind an issue at all. Yes it is windy, but I'm coming from a Harley Deuce with no shield so I must be used to it.

The clutch isn't hard to pull in. Better than cable I know that. I can pull it in with one finger, but wouldn't want to do that consistently.

Besides that, it has been a blast riding this thing.
Interesting. Starting to see a fair number of heat complaints about this bike.
I wonder if sticking some heat-shielding under the tail/seat would help? With as little as an inch of space between the pipes and the shield, it can be incredibly effective.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts