Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Again, as I am brand new, I am asking for help. Other than the mirrors, exhaust, smog, I think the first thing to go has to be the rear fender. What would anybody suggest for my '03 m620? She needs a smaller butt.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Or if you're reluctant to chop the frame, you can simply lose the massive fender (the ugly bit that holds the plate and reflectors). Here's a blurry shot of my homemade fender eliminator:

Made with about $2 worth of 1" x 1/8" aluminum, a grinder, and a bit of bending and hammering in a bench vise.

--- EDIT ---

Oh yeah, I guess I used a drill and a tap too...

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Wow! Finnster, that looks nice. Could you maybe give me some more info on that fender kit (i.e. fit, function, price, where to get it)? The fender is the first thing to go on my S4R, and I was thinking of the Pro-Italia kit as well. You used the OEM turn signals correct?

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Here is how the pro-italia looks on my 02 M750D; I like it, and the cost was a hell of a lot easier then the time or energy to make it from scratch...

scooby ;D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Nothing like a Monster with a cleaned up hiney. ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Nothing like a Monster with a cleaned up hiney. ;)
Amen to that. Mine's coming off once it stops raining. A question about the Pro-Italia kit - is it possible to bend the angle of the license plate down a little bit? Better yet, is the license plate part of the kit removable? I can't decide if I want to go homemade again or buy a kit.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The reason I ask about bending it down is that it looks like it extends the plate out so much that, in my eye, it defeats the whole purpose of chopping the tail. I think I'll go homemade and mount my plate ala Juan.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Ok, somebody help me out here. I'm seeing some different kits and I'm wondering which is which. Some kits have the indicators behind the plate, some behind the tail-light, and some right on the frame between the light and the plate. I want the kit with the indicators mounted behind the light. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The reason I ask about bending it down is that it looks like it extends the plate out so much that, in my eye, it defeats the whole purpose of chopping the tail.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
This is Pro-Italia's kit on my S4R.

Can you post or email me some different angles of your S4R? I would like to see where the pipe is in relation to the rear of the bike now that its cropped. And your paint scheme. I get the impression there is a lot to see here.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts