Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about installing some Fcr's but I am not sure how much work is involved. I am mechanically inclined so doing the swap should not be an issue. However, I have never adjusted the settings on any carb. Has any one done this mod themselves. If so, how much diddling was needed to get the bike running "right"?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Try talking to Chris at California Cycleworks, here:

http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/

He is the guru on FCR's for Ducs, and can tell you all you need to know, as well as furnish you with a kit that's done right to begin with.

Quite a few folks here have done FCR's, and they all seem to be really happy with how they work.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris is the guy, if you go on the website there are specifics on adjusting it. I put them on myself and it was easy, but I was running a little lean. Instead of adjusting myself I went to the local shop because I also had some engine work to do so at the same time I had it dyno tuned which is the most accurate way to go. You will Looooove them, it is the best performance mod you can make.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Hey y'all, thanks for the props!

Right now, FCR kits are "holding" on throttle cables. So they're not shipping promptly. I managed to scrouge up a few parts from other vendors and get a couple of kits out today. Do not let this delay submitting your order, though, as I submit my "back order" to reserve the kit for me (in the event that something ELSE runs out with the kits).

:) Chris

·
Registered
588 Posts
SCDUC,
Go the FCR's, get em from Chris & everything will be so close you that won't have to fiddle, you won't be dissapointed.

This is my first bike & quite frankly i was concerned about the same thing, adjusting. Like your self i'm mechanically minded but had only worked on cars.

I did it myself, (took longer than it said on Chris's FAQ Page) but eh, not bad for a beginner.

All i had to do post install was up the mains a bit, this is a 2 minit job & can be done on the side of the road.

Go the FCR's!!!!!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
They're flat-slide Keihin carburetors, to replace the OEM Mikuni Constant Velocity carbs.

They don't apply to us injected folks. ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do it! It's a fairly simple bolt-on and you wont believe the difference. Talk about instant gratification.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts