Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the Fast By Ferracci labels removable from their exhaust cans? Thinking about splurging on a high mount setup, but i don't want the logo.

Kevin

·
Registered
77 Posts
The labels on mine are stickers - the previous owner took them off. They left a bunch of goo, though, which I can't quite get off no matter how hard I try. ::)

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe try some of that "goo gone" stuff?

Kevin

·
Registered
86 Posts
mine came loose in the box, never put them on.

G

·
ditto over here never put them on.
So to answer the question they are removable,
brake cleaner should clean the sticky residue.

G

·
or you can save some $$ and just buy the sil motors cans from motowheels.com or spareshack.com. FBF doesn't make their own cans. they buy sil motors and resell them with their stickers in the box. this being the case, why deal with an extra middleman?

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
or you can save some $$ and just buy the sil motors cans from motowheels.com or spareshack.com. FBF doesn't make their own cans. they buy sil motors and resell them with their stickers in the box. this being the case, why deal with an extra middleman?
Honestly, because the middle man has the best price ive found for a set of high mount slip ons. $550. Leo Vinci pipes are the same price as well. Eveything ive seen from Sil is $100 more or so.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
to get the sticker goop off, try WD-40. it seems to
work well for this application and is pretty benign
to most materials (try it on a hidden section first to
make sure it won't discolor).

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
My pipes were bought at FBF, they took the Sil logo off and applied their FBF sticker, which was ok with me.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Watch out using harsh cleaners on carbon. Some carbon with small resin amounts will turn a whitish appearance. Can be brought back with "Bumper Black". I haven't tried the WD40 but since it has an oil in might work well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts