Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased a Fast By Ferracci exhaust for either the 800 or 1000 S2R? I'm in the market now but I still haven't made up my mind on which system to get. ;D
Any suggestions?? sound clips or pics would be nice..........

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I put the FBF Ti slip-ons to a DP header.

I was pleased with the sound of the pipes on the OEM "udder" header but I couldn't stand the look of the udder so I put the DP on. The DP header, as you may have read, passes almost directly under the oil drain plug, requiring loosening the entire exhaust system for an oil change.

Anyway, I really like the sound of my bike and I get lots of compliments on how good it sounds and it's loud. It sounds like a Ducati should. Another rider commented that my bike has a "bark" to it.

Most people's experiences with Fast by Ferracci (do a search to read them) are it takes a long time to get the pipes once they've been ordered. I had the same experience. I had ordered the carbon slip-ons in late November last year and was notified that the pipes were not in stock but were on the way and expected "next week". Fast forward to January, they still don't have the pipes, they're still "on the way", "stuck in customs", etc.. but the FBF rep did say he had the Ti slip-ons in stock if I wanted them. I took those instead.

My advice to you is if you do actually order from them, be prepared to wait a couple or three months for your pipes. I was peeved at the whole situation but in the end FBF made it right and a year later, the wait doesn't even matter for me anymore.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I have the same TI slips ons on my S2R 800 with a spareshack type II header, I'm very pleased with the sound and looks.
A sound clip of my bike is available here [thumbsup] http://sites.rapidus.net/sebmorin/ms2r.htm
Scroll down and look for my bike.
FBF and SILMOTOR are the same product just rebadged.
PS I bought mine through my Ducati dealer about two weeks wait over a year ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey,

I also have the DP header (nice design eh?) and have been trying to figure out what cans to put on. I would have gone with the Arrows by now but I gotta have something different. Where is the best place to purchase the FBF cans? Did you end up needing a power commander or any fuel injection tweeks?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks...does the full Arrow sytem also make changing the oil difficult??? ??? ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts