1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No doubt it's in the archives somewhere, but what do our habitu

G

·
they look good... don't own any tho. did you get the sil high meggaphones?
if you did it looks like you can remove the passenger/pipe hanger bracket thing. that is a bonus.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with the low megaphones. Sound and look great.

Been planning for this bike to be monoposto, but hate to give up the rear pegs, just in case.

Most folks here seem to be fans of the CycleCat rearsets. I like the adjustability, but once adjusted it would seem that the advantage is gone. And I don't much like how they look, myself. These seem more elegant, especially in black.

-Don

G

·
Well, being one of the other few minimalist on the board - I like them. I've been looking at the DP rear sets because of the simple design.

As far as functionality - seems to me that would be an issue of positioning in relation to stock. Would be intersted to know that myself. What do they run and are they available in clear anodized?

jb

BTW - have you checked out http://www.elixirstudio.com yet? Don't know if you saw my post on your "other side" thread.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim,

Yes, I checked them out.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I ordered a set (MotoStrano.com) of these but I am still waiting for delivery. :(
I knew ahead of time that they were on backorder and it would be a while but seven weeks seems a little much. Don't get me wrong though I would order from them again the other part of my order was shipped right away. I believe they're made by RedRacing of Italy.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Do the FBF pegs come in other colors than black or is that it? I also like the design much better than stock...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like the FBF are the same as the ones listed as P/N 966010AAA in the DP book. The pattern is identical, but the DP ones have a provision for the brake cylinder, while the FBF don't show that. And the DP ones don't apparently have the can support.

I don't know any more about colors.

-Don

G

·
We stock those rear sets and replacement parts for them.

I have the mono version on my M944.

They are nice rear sets but I like the foot position on the Cycle Cat much better as these feel a little cramped on long rides.

G

·
if you dig these, you may as well check out the style and perfomance (aka "S&P") rearsets as shown on the link chris posted. less expensive than the FBF (because fbf just marks up pretty much everything they don't make). had 'em on my s4. great stuff. as noted, they're not terribly adjustable but i really enjoyed them. nice feature that if you're running highpipes, you can leave the passenger sections off while riding solo, then add them if you're planning to take a passenger without having to pull the whole thing apart.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts