Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to get rid of the ghetto cut airbox top that I did myself and ordered the FBF airbox lid replacement (it

·
Registered
269 Posts
I had FBF install mine when I was in for the 6k service. The ring is held onto the airbox bottom by 4 little spring steel C shaped clips that clip on where the OEM clips clip.
Check all the packing crap to see if they're hiding somewhere. They are only like 1"x3/8" so they would be easy to miss.
If you didn't get the clips , call FBF and let them know. The ring ain't worth $h!t without the clips.

I think thats an indoor worlds record for using "clip" 6 times in one post ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark is right.
I have the same setup on mine.
It sounds like you are missing the 4 tiny C clips that hook up between your lower airbox and the new FBF ring.
If I remember correctly, mine were shrinkwrapped in the plastic that came with the lid. They are prety tiny, so make sure you look everywhere before calling FBF.
You'll also need to keep the stock pins that go into the slots of your lower lid.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I called and sure enough, I forgot the clips. Somewhat irritating since I asked several times if I needed any clips and they kept saying 'nope, its got all you need'. Anyway, they're on the way, but paying for UPS sucks when we're talking about a $2.00 purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts