Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about doing this mod.
Has anyone done it on a 02 M750Sie?
If so is it worth it?
Hell for ~$270 why not........ right?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
That's a pretty big jump in compression. Should really liven things up, but be prepared to spend a whole lot more than just the price of the pistons. To properly seat the new rings, you'll need to have the cylinders honed, and if you're going that far, you may as well bore it out... where to stop? I'd wait until it actually "needs" to be freshened up before dumpin coin into it, but that's me. ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
You will experience much improved fuel economy(as if you really care about that) But the best thing will be a great increase in seat of the pants torque! Higher compression equals more torque! Do it!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, you'll need to either get a powercommander, or a new ECU to compensate for the additional compression. You may want to think about cams and probably a revised exhaust.

Of course, 11:1 compression most likely takes you up near premium fuel range.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info so far!!
I already have a K&N airfilter with a slighty opened airbox, and I cored out the stock exhaust. Will this be enough to take full advantage of the new pistons? Or do I need better Intake + Exhaust? Also are the 02 M750Sie ECU's remappable? I thought I saw somewhere that they are not, So it looks like powercommander. Or does anyone have any other suggestions?
THANKS AGAIN!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts