Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Faster" a Documentary of the 2001-2002 MotoGP season is playing for one weekend in the Twin Cities, April 3-4th. 12:30 PM

The Movie is playing at a very small theater in Minneapolis called the Riverview, Located at 3800 42nd Ave. South.

We could make this one of the initial meet and greets for the group if you would like to go to coffee before either of these shows.

To check out the trailer for this movie go to http://www.fastermovie.com/

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After seeing the booth at the Motorcycle show about this movie I have made some decisions about this event.

1. This movie has buzz and may sell out fast.
2. There are no advanced tickets. Doors open at 11:45.
3. Bob's is a sponser and may be extreamly busy on both days.

So I would like to change the plan. Let's meet for coffee at a different place other than Bob's, I will suggest two locations. Magpie Coffee on 42nd and Cedar, or Hiawatha Joes on Hiawatha and 42nd. Please email me if you plan on attending at [email protected] and give me a preference. 10 am coffee, 11:15 head to the show.

Hope to see you all there.
Kim

P

·
0 Posts
count me in, after a week of lacking every connection to motorcycle, I'm up for everything. But I won't be showing up with my Duc if that's ok. I'll be on my Derbi 75

P

·
0 Posts
So what's the word? Heard the ticket box open at 11:30. I'm meeting a group of mine at 11:00 out side of the theater. So anyone wanna have brunch around 10:00 at River View Cafe (3753 42ND Ave S. Minneapolis,

·
Registered
735 Posts
I will see you guys down there but it will be closer to 11:00. I have to take the dogs in to get their shots first thing in the morning.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will see you guys at the Riverview Cafe at 10:00. I don't think I am going to ride at this point, a bit cold for me. I also won tickets to the film so I have a free ticket for the first to ask.

kim

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The film was great!!!!!!!!!!! To all those who missed today's screening I strongly suggest catching this film tommarrow. It was also nice to meet some of the new folks on the Board. I look forward to riding with you this season. :)

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I wasn't able to make it this morning as I was picking my Duc up from Motoprimo. I'll definitely be there tomorrow morning though. Look for the large, evil looking guy in all black on a red Monster....
Hanns

·
Registered
735 Posts
Ended up making it to Faster today, great flick. JJ and I met for coffee than the movie. Ended up riding up and down the river road a bit after the movie to take advantage of the beautiful weekend.

I cannot wait until Faster is available on DVD. We'll have to watch it again as a group.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Did anyone else notice that people were unconsciously rocking side to side when the bikes were banking through turns? Great movie, soundtrack definitely kicked some @$$ as well. I thought it was amusing at the end of the movie during the credits, all of the warnings not to try anything in the movie on the street and 5 minutes later watching guys pulling block long wheelies as they left the theater. Had a great time as well, saw a lot of really nice Ducs parked, I need to spiff mine up so it doesn't look so plain..... Cheers,
Hanns

1 - 13 of 13 Posts