Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEWS FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TWO WHEELS. 200 MPH. EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF.

FASTER
SCREENS IN SEATTLE DECEMBER 5 & 6
AT CYCLE WORLD INTERNATIONAL MOTORCYCLE SHOW

"Finally a movie about motorcycling that isn't Hollywood crap-u-drama...
This is the real deal... We're professionals, don't try this at home."

"'Faster' takes the genre in an extreme level...
a rare view of past heroes and current contenders
in an 'unplugged' format with a backdrop of incredible action."
--Robert Redmond, Track Junkie

WHAT: The speed, the egos, the broken bones and the babes. But most of all, the guts, the skill and the touch of madness it takes to ride machines the experts call "evil." A must-see for motorcycle racing fans, and an eye-opening, action-packed experience for the curious novice.

"Faster" is the most true-to-life look at motorcycle racing ever brought to screen. Narrated by Ewan McGregor ("Star Wars," episodes I, II, III, "Black Hawk Down"), the film follows the 2001-2002 seasons of the MotoGP world championships. Crossing five continents, it features today's top riders, including archrivals Valentino Rossi and Maxi Biaggi, who have achieved rock-star status across the globe; the brilliant but injury-prone Garry McCoy; and rising teen star John Hopkins. "Faster" also features a raft of former champs who have shaped the way racing is done today, along with the doctor who patches the riders together and puts them back on the track, and the experts in the bleachers who write the history of the sport.

"Faster" is produced by Spark Productions in association with Dorna Sports SL, and is directed by Mark Neale.

WHEN: "Faster" is screening in Seattle as part of a national tour on Friday, December 5th and Saturday, December 6th at 9:30pm.

WHERE: At the 23rd Annual Cycle World International Motorcycle Show, presented by Toyota Trucks. The screening is at the First Base Terrace, SAFECO Field, directly across from the Seahawks Exhibition Center, 1250 First Avenue South, Seattle, WA. Entrance is via the bridge on the 4th floor of the SAFECO parking structure.

HOW: Screenings are open to the public. $15 for adults, $8 for children 12 and under. Tickets available at the theater entrance from 8:30pm before each screening. Advance tickets available at the "Faster" booth at the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show during show hours.

The director and producers are available for phone interviews.
For more information about "Faster," please see www.fastermovie.com
Photos available at www.fastermovie.com/press_kit/Images.html

The Cycle World International Motorcycle Show will be held at the Seahawks Stadium and Exhibition Center, December 5-7, 2003. For more information see www.motorcycleshows.com

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I'm planning on hitting the IMS on Saturday and the Faster showing after that. Whoo Hoo!!!

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Where can I see this movie? I live in San Francisco, is it available elsewhere or only at the Bike Show?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as I can determine, it is only being shown in conjunction with the Cycle Word shows... I will ask what there future plans are for release... maybe DVD soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts