Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday at Ducati Dallas Fashion show with new ducati apparel and... the first 1098 in USA... [thumbsup] [clap] ;D

We are going to have cocktails food and Givaways... ;)

www.advancedmotorsports.com

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I will see all of you there. I cant' wait! I am getting off work early Sat to head out there. I work at North Park so I am only a hop, skip and never getting out of 2nd gear jump away [laugh]

Jen

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those who cant make it we will have an online gallery which would be updated every 30 min starting 11:00 would be on the front of the website.

For those who coming see you all there tomorrow... ;D

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
See my reply on McCains Documentary...

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
too bad but you can see what's going on online... ill try to take good pics (me and Mark) ;D

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Just got home from the "1098 show", wow, nice bike. Really looks much better in real life than in the photos... at least to me. I thought the front in the photos kinda looked like just another Kawi ZX10R thing but it had a real distinct Ducati look in person. I like it!
James, I think it will make the perfect B-day present to yourself!!! That's what the 999 series should have looked like! Now what do I do with my 999??? Just kidding!

By the way, where the heck did all those people come from?? I showed up fashionably late, figuring the cover would come off at 6:00 and some folks would be gone but it was so crowded I couldn't get in! Stuart was outside, even he said I was too d**n crowded to squeeze in.

Good to see you Drew and nice to meet Nick. Hope he gets that Tri 675 soon so he can do some rides with us. What a sweet bike that 675 is! Oh yeah, congrats again Nick on that whole wedding thing, just don't let it all get in the way of your riding... first things first!

Lisa, I saw you come in the with the family but it was once again too crowded to get to you, then I guess you guys split soon after. Jari, good to see you too, sorry I haven't had a chance to ride the girl yet, maybe this Tuesday... I hope.

Ride safe,

Brian

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Awesome event! Many thanks to everyone at AMS.
The '07 models are stunning, especially the blonde! (just kidding) (not really)
Always good to see Jape & Lisa & Alan.
Took delivery of my new (to me) Paul Smart, so looking forward to some serious riding!!!

Ciao for now-

Scott

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Yep, quite a show - too many people though (I'm not much on crowds, sad to say :-X )

I'm sorry to have missed you Brian, but it was great to hear about Scott's new ride (way-cool [thumbsup] ). Plus it was nice to meet Andrew's buddy Nick (make sure he comes on one of our rides sometime, eh Andrew?) Hope James stayed outta trouble on his b-day (what are the chances? God, I hardly remember my twenties [laugh] ). And it was good to catch up with Jari and Keith again (and I have to agree with your assessment Jari, of the 1098... )

As far as the new bike goes, given its performance specifications and price of entry, there is no doubt in my mind that Ducati will sell a bazillion of these motorcycles, and more power to 'em, but I sincerely could have done without Michael Lock's dis of the 999...

Overall, it was an interesting evening - hope to see you folks again soon.

Lisa

(P.S. Scott or Brian: do either of you have any experience with BMW's Dual Sport bikes? Getting kinda interested in their GS/Dakar-series but don't know anyone that has had any experience with them...)

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Lisa,

I agree with you. I didn't need the CEO of DNA talking smack about my bike in front of 200 people. I'm sure that makes Terblanche feel all warm and fuzzy about his bike. Granted, it did take me a while to cozy up to the 999 series, but the fact is I did. They are great bikes. Sure the 916 series design was/is awesome but anyone at AMS will tell you the 999s are better bikes... just not quite as stunning as the Tamburini bikes. The January 2007 Cycle World has the 1098 as the lead cover story, even they kick Terblanche and the 999 in the shorts. Enough is enough. I like the new bike for sure but it does kind of irk me a little that it costs less than what I paid for my 999. Great for James and all the others but still a small burr under my saddle. Would I get a 1098? Sure, but I have too much money in my 999 to do so.

Sorry for the long tirade... Lisa, don't have any personal experience with the GS series but I have had plenty with the boxer twins. Had a '81 R100RS for years, mistakenly got rid of it for the new at the time K100RS, repeat the word mistake several times. Liked the old boxer twin so much years later I found a '83 model identical to the '81 and bought it. Funny, eccentric bikes (kinda like me!) but tough and long lasting. That's why you still see so many old boxers still cruising around 20-30 years after other bikes have died.

ps I hate crowds too.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
ya so I was late but im just glad I could make it. There was a complete stop on I-30 for about an hour or so. I was upset so much.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that was a great event... [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
yeah there were a lot more people there than i thought there would be... i wish i could have met some of you but i didnt know what anybody looked like. i saw tippytoes rider there with her family though and i met aaron, aka mylexicon. if anybody saw me, i was the incredibly handsome guy with the red Italia hoodie on and the fashionable beard, walking around staring at the floor. (i hate crowds) 1098 was cool too, i was surprised by the price and the thing about 07 models costing less on maintenance! what about my 06 620?! :(

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Hey All,

Great to see/chat with Brian, Lisa, James, and Jari. Did I miss anyone (I can't remember James' bro on the Aprilia)?

Great models, bikes, and atmosphere. I'll post some pics when I get home...

Drew

1 - 20 of 36 Posts