Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
yeah i noticed those too. pretty cool looking. i'd love to see those specific ones on a monster!
but OUCH are they pricey... that, and i'd rather not have to use a inner-tube with my tires...

i think the rims in the ducati performance catalog with wire-spokes and carbon hoops are even cooler.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear you. I don't throw the word "sexy" around but those carbon hoops are really nice. I'd like to see a pic of a monster with them on. I'd bet they look pretty retro with an old school logo on the tank. Hmm...

G

·
front:

rear:

unfortunately, no pics of them ON a bike.
MSRP (from what i understand) for the S4 are $2500/pair. "not bad" HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I sent an enquiry to Motostrano about spoked wheels and the reply was that they have some for Monsters coming soon and the price would be around the $1200-$1400 mark.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
The carbon rim on those spoked wheels above looks a lot like mine, I hope I haven't been ripped off (again). If anyone would like to play around with the idea, & can make a hub, I'd be happy to supply a rim for the project.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I saw a pic somewhere of a Monster with wire wheels, and it looked really sweet. Just look at the Sport 1000.
I'll try and come up with it, I don't think it was on this board.

Ok found it on Ducati.com, here it is, man that's nice.

Is it me or when all bikes had wire wheels, we'd go nuts when we saw a set of Dymags!

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Had a front wire wheel on my Badboy, and I could not wait to get rid of it. It was soooo hard to clean, it was awful, I tried everything and could not come up with an easy way to keep it looking nice, so needless to say, I got a Thunderstar on her now! :-/

·
Registered
849 Posts
It was soooo hard to clean, it was awful, I :-/
Word. My wife took off on our ' 75 CB750 once, forgetting to take off the chain. Took about half the spokes out before she fell over. Got two new wheels while we were at it, I thought they were gorgeous. After four weeks and cleaning them motherf**kers about 5 times I gave up. It was back to the old, grimey look within two weeks after that.

-R.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Yeah, my grimy old wire wheel has a place hanging on our garage wall!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've always used a toilet cleaning brush to get at the wheels. Seems to me that this kind of scenario woule work well for wire wheels. just dish soap and elbow grease...

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Lots and lots of elbow grease, and where all the spokes come together where you can't get in between them( where all the grime collects) I used to spend HOURS, with toothbrushes, special little strips of cleaning material ( just for wire wheels)and would sit there and clean and clean and cry and cry, cause after all that time it still didn't look good, it looked better but not good! And after you get caught in the rain, OMG.... you might as well figure 3 days worth of cleaning and then some! Thats why mine is hanging on the garage wall!!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Sorry, but to me spokes on a monster look silly.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I agree spokes are a lot of maintainence but they look good (to some of us).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts