Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 2013 696 ABS model. I have looked online, eBay mostly, and I have seen fairing kits being sold that say they are for the 2009-2012 696, and the 2010-2013 796. No mention regarding my 2013 696. I have spoken to a couple of Ducati dealerships and have been told that the part numbers for the 2013 696 had been changed but to their understanding the parts should fit the same. I would really like to get a different fairing kit for my bike. Can anyone here tell me for certain (maybe you have a 2013 as well) if I can put a fairing kit for a 2009-2012 696 on my 2013 696? I find it hard to believe that the 2013 696 would have different sized fairings from all of the other years but I have seen stranger things.

Any help is greatly appreciated and most welcome.

Thank you very much.

P.S. I will post this question in the general tech question section as well.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
They will fit fine. There were no changes to the bikes from 2012 to 2013.

Also, no need to post the same thread in 2 places. Most people use the Active Topics link at the top of the page so we see all new posts rather than perusing the sub forums. Sometimes it may take a while to get a response as this forum can be slow at times. But be patient. You will get your questions answered.

With that said, what fairing kit are you looking in to?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for the info. I will not double post in the future since you told me about the active thread links. My 696 is red and I saw a fairing set online that is all black. I just wanted to have the ability to switch out between the two. Any idea how long it will take to change out all of the fairings? I'm guessing maybe an hour and a half?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I can't imagine it taking more than 30-45 minutes. The rear fairing is only two bolts. The front is 4 bolts plus 1 screw that holds the brake line in place. The side panels are a couple bolts. It's a piece of cake.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It would take maybe 45 minutes if you take your time and drop a bolt somewhere behind the headlight that you subsequently have to shake loose and search for after it drops free and skitters across your poorly lit garage floor.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would take maybe 45 minutes if you take your time and drop a bolt somewhere behind the headlight that you subsequently have to shake loose and search for after it drops free and skitters across your poorly lit garage floor.
LOL! Now that's funny!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Took me a while to do it the first time in swapping them out, but now I feel like I can do it in 45 min or so with the right tools and knowing the location of all the bolts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to time myself when I do the swap just to see how long it takes me the first time. I have tons of tools so I will look over the bike to get an idea of what I will need and go from there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am in the similar situation wanting to add the fairing kit sold in ebay to my 2013 696 ABS model, can you please share your experience.

Have a pearl white fairing, want to change it to the stealth black.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Fairyings

Why did ya all buy a naked bike? If ya wanted fairyings ya should bought a full on sports bike... my .02
Beezwiz out:grin

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Why did ya all buy a naked bike? If ya wanted fairyings ya should bought a full on sports bike... my .02
Beezwiz out:grin
I'll bite. I'm not sure if you're confused about what the other guys were asking about, if actually don't understand why they would want them on their bikes, or if you're just trolling for a response.

For starters, I'll assume you're confused. They are talking about swapping the front fender, tank and rear skins. They wouldn't be adding anything extra that your bike didn't already come with. Rather, they would have a quick way to change the look of their bike with very little effort.

Assuming that you don't understand why they would want them on their bike - they came from factory with the skins. Last time I saw some pictures of your bike, you had the front fender, tank and rear skins on yours. If you think that makes it look more like a sport bike, why haven't you taken yours off so that it will be more of a naked bike and not a sports bike?

If you're just trolling for a response, congratulations - you've succeeded.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'll bite. I'm not sure if you're confused about what the other guys were asking about, if actually don't understand why they would want them on their bikes, or if you're just trolling for a response.

For starters, I'll assume you're confused. They are talking about swapping the front fender, tank and rear skins. They wouldn't be adding anything extra that your bike didn't already come with. Rather, they would have a quick way to change the look of their bike with very little effort.

Assuming that you don't understand why they would want them on their bike - they came from factory with the skins. Last time I saw some pictures of your bike, you had the front fender, tank and rear skins on yours. If you think that makes it look more like a sport bike, why haven't you taken yours off so that it will be more of a naked bike and not a sports bike?

If you're just trolling for a response, congratulations - you've succeeded.

........preach......

·
Registered
432 Posts
Confused?

Hello everyone,

I have a 2013 696 ABS model. I have looked online, eBay mostly, and I have seen fairing kits being sold that say they are for the 2009-2012 696, and the 2010-2013 796. No mention regarding my 2013 696. I have spoken to a couple of Ducati dealerships and have been told that the part numbers for the 2013 696 had been changed but to their understanding the parts should fit the same. I would really like to get a different fairing kit for my bike. Can anyone here tell me for certain (maybe you have a 2013 as well) if I can put a fairing kit for a 2009-2012 696 on my 2013 696? I find it hard to believe that the 2013 696 would have different sized fairings from all of the other years but I have seen stranger things.

Any help is greatly appreciated and most welcome.

Thank you very much.

P.S. I will post this question in the general tech question section.

I never ever thought tank covers - front fenders rear seat cowls as fairings... to me fairings are covers for the entire top front and sides of the bike... hmm think 1299 Panigale. so maybe I am confused or just Trolling for a response & you're right about one thing UNC you do bite. LMFAO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts