Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a fairing on ebay but the it didn't come with any hardware ???. Now, the 2 8mm bolts that secure it below the instruments shouldn't be a problem(hopefully). but the 2 special bolts(?) that hold the 2 special rubber bushings(?), i have no idea what they are. are they something i can get at the hardware store or go to a dealer? BTW 02 750 Dark(i'll be doing some painting)

S

·
0 Posts
Its real simple. Its two peices of hardware. Jsut some cheap brakets. You can go to your dealer and order them. You bought it from me :)

Or you can get the l brackets and fab it form the hardware store

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Slim,

You can follow the advice of the guy who sold you the fairing, shorted you on the mounting hardware, and is recommending you 'fab the brackets from the hardware store'.

Or, you can do it the right way:

Your M750D has the same mount (green arrow) as shown in the picture, the fairing mount bolt goes through the hole that I have the yellow string threaded through.

Bolt and nut shown in my hand, you need two of each:

Ducati parts - 772.5.024.1A Screw
729906FN1 Nut

or get the bolt and nut from any good automotive or cycle shop, bolt is an M6x12, and it's an M6 nut.

Rubber grommet and special bolt (red arrow), you need two of each:

Ducati parts - 779.1.195.1A Screw
0370.72.020 Vibration Damper Pad

Get 'em from your dealer so it fits right. The special bolt and rubber grommet replace the existing plain bolt that holds your turn signal on.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Welcome, Slim.

Confirm those part numbers at the dealer, I'm working from parts catalogues that I downloaded from ducati.com. They may not be as current as what the dealer has... :-/

If your dealer doesn't have them in stock, try Ducati Seattle or Salt Lake Motorsports. They are good dealers and may have 'em in stock.

S

·
0 Posts
I never shorted him on the hardware, it was sold seperately on a ebay auction. Clearly told him as well.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
So, if you had a restaurant, would you charge extra for the knife and fork a customer needs to eat the meal they just bought?

S

·
0 Posts
hey, I was parting it out...he got a great deal on the wind screen.

So, if I'm parting a bike out, our saying throw the whle bike in, if I'm only selling the engine....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
S4 newbie did tell me the hardware was seperate.I was told the hardware was nuts, bolts and screws. Which i thought i could pick up anywhere. When i was told about the special stuff that i needed it was already sold. I'm thinking about getting those fairing stays. I asked them if their hardware was going to replace the stuff i neeeded to mount the fairing to the bike. They said it didn't. And told me about the bushings and stuff. and yes i did get a great price on the fairing. Thank god i work the grave and was awake at 4 in the morning ;D. the reason i want the fairing is it's cold going 80 something at 10pm on the freeway for 50 miles(But FUN ;D). Anyways thanks to both you guys.

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts