Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer hasn't been having any luck finding a factory manual for my m1000. He said he can, but it's definitley taking him some time. It seems he can't get a hold of his ducati rep. or something. Is there a better/quicker way to get one?Winter is coming and I'm ready to tear stuff apart.

S

·
0 Posts
i hate to imagine this being the case, but maybe your dealer's "holding out" on the manual in hopes that you'll take your bike to the shop for any/all mods you're considering. call/ask other ducati shops. apparently salt lake motorsports (www.saltlakemotorsports.com) has a reputation of having manuals available for purchase. there's really no reason it should be "backordered" since all it takes is to print more copies as demand requires.
so what do you have in mind, btw? another good place to start is to download the parts sheet from ducati.com/bikes/catalogs.jhtml, but the factory service manual WILL be handy for torque figures, recommended steps, etc...

·
Registered
74 Posts
i tried to get a serv. manual from my dealer. i was heart broken when they told me that there are no manuals. just updates of previous manuals. :( and now you tell me i can get a manual for my bike, i feel strange again but in a diffrent way :mad:

S

·
0 Posts
that actually may be the case, but i tend to doubt it considering the significant update to the engine. regardless... if there isn't a complete m1000 manual, then you should be able to purchase the m900 manual along with the updates for the 1000, no?

X

·
0 Posts
i hate to imagine this being the case, but maybe your dealer's "holding out" on the manual in hopes that you'll take your bike to the shop for any/all mods you're considering. call/ask other ducati shops. apparently salt lake motorsports (www.saltlakemotorsports.com) has a reputation of having manuals available for purchase. there's really no reason it should be "backordered" since all it takes is to print more copies as demand requires.
so what do you have in mind, btw? another good place to start is to download the parts sheet from ducati.com/bikes/catalogs.jhtml, but the factory service manual WILL be handy for torque figures, recommended steps, etc...
Tried here for the 02 m750s don't have one... they sold their only copy of it. This seems to be that case a lot of places. I guess that there soon won't be anyone that wants to work on these one year wonders. I wish I would have known they were going to an 800 in 03 I would have waited. But hey at least we have the only FI 750 monsters around!

T

·
0 Posts
Keep hounding your dealer! That's how I got my service manual ffor the M1000. I negotiated a free manual as part of the bike sale back in April. I finally got the manual at the beginning of September. It is the most deluxe manual of all time! My only complaint is that many of the proceedures listed require the Mathesis Tester with no alternate proceedures shown.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
An area dealer found the manual for my M1000, $130 Later...

When did toys become so expensive?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts