Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 days of hot riding , my textile pants were preeeety smelly!! So I ran to the store and bought that fabric freshner called Fabreeze. Sprayed it in my pants and jacket and low and behold the B.O. was gone. The next day it was like putting on a fresh clean pair of riding pants and jacket!!!
Worked wonders!!!!!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
LMAO.... Thanks for sharing that Deb ;D

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought you'd all like to hear how smelly my riding pants were!!! LOL!

Just think, rumor is, that guys sweat smells way worse!!! LOL

S

·
0 Posts
Hmmm, I actually put all my textiles in the ...washing machine...and low and behold it worked! ;) I also use this stuff called Nikwax Tech Wash for waterproofing. I'ts great. I will remember the fabreeze technique though..great if you don't have time for the 3-4 wash cycles it takes to wash my gear.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I was away from home and riding 5 days straight, and it was hot. So i decided on something quick. My textile pants do say macchine wash! Do they shrink any???
Sarah, the Nikwax tech wash, how do you apply that? I have used Camp Dry for other things, but have put nothing on my pants yet.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
sarah76 said:
Hmmm, I actually put all my textiles in the ...washing machine...and low and behold it worked! ;) I also use this stuff called Nikwax Tech Wash for waterproofing. I'ts great. I will remember the fabreeze technique though..great if you don't have time for the 3-4 wash cycles it takes to wash my gear.
Just remember to take the armor out of your textiles before throwing them in the washing machine!

Those fridge flow-through boxes of baking soda do a good job of eliminating odors in gear as well. Just put the boxes in the gear and let said gear hang in the garage for a few days.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I use these for my helmets, maybe they would work too?

I'm a clean freak, slightly less neurotic than Jack N in As Good As It Gets. :(

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
OT said:
Does your heart stop when a bug hits your visor?
Not quite that bad. ;D

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
I use fabreeze after any ride of 1+hr, in my helmet, gloves, jacket and boots.

keeps everything smelling fresh for the next ride.

Q

1 - 16 of 16 Posts