Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this new thread and locked the old one because the DATE in the original title was incorrect.

I wanted to be sure everyone knows that we're racing SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

Updated commitments:

Tarik
Katherine
Don

These people I will book reservations for. They have each committed to paying me $20 plus a share of one $25 license fee.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Hey Don do you know if there's a way to slip in if I show up Sunday morning? The girlfriend and I are commited to spending the weekend with her brother's family in RI. Depending on how things are going I may be able to slip away real early and make it to F1 but I can't say that for sure.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Miles,

Just showing up is no problem, but my understanding is that without a prepaid reservation, you wait in line for a chance to drive. So the odds of getting on the track with the NEHMA group will probably be pretty slim!

What I can do is book a reservation Tuesday afternoon, and then try to add one or two more near the end of the week for late commitments. I don't know if this will really address your situation, 'cause it doesn't sound like you'll really know until Sunday morning!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NEHMA cart racing meet is OFF!!

No response to my call for financial commitment. Even Tarik, the instigator, has bailed!

A thread started over on CD-ROM on the same subject; Sunday indoor cart racing. They're talking about Mar 7 or 14; date is still open.

Head on over there if you're still interested in doing this.

As far as I'm concerned, it's spring after this weekend and I won't lock up a Sunday for 4-wheeled activity :p

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Yeah I was thinking of jumping on that date since this weekend will be a hassle at best!

So you're thinking you'll be riding in March? Man, I gotta get something to ride!!!!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm SURE I'll be riding in March!

It's a question of how early, how often and how far.

We've been spared from the last couple of snows. If our luck continues, the roadside snow will be gone fairly soon. The towns won't get the sweepers out before April (just in case), but a couple of hard rainfalls and things get pretty good out there!

Accuweather is calling for a low Sunday morning of 30 and a high of 50.... out in the chilly Merrimack Valley. That sounds like riding weather to me!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh crap!

I didn't realize you only have 400 mi on that. We put up with your [email protected] breakin-in riding on the 620 last summer. Now we gotta put up with you pampering the 900?! ::)

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
T, put a ton of (gentle) miles on that bad boy between now and say May. Right now with that few miles it's worth more than I can afford!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just got back in town. Sorry to hear that the racing is off. I was looking forward to it. Anyone up for some skiing or boarding instead?

fc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts