Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://f1boston.com

I was thinking maybe we could all hook up for some Sunday racing. For those who don't know, it's an indoor cart-racing track. They provide the one-piece racing suits, you provide the helmet ;) I've never been, but friends who have tell me it's a blast. Personally, I could use a little 'fun time' on wheels. This winter is dragging :-/
So, here's the scoop.
Sundays: 20 laps for $20. Because it's Sunday they waive the $25 license fee everyone would have to otherwise purchase. They told me it can get a little crowded, so the best thing to do is to book a time and reserve our slots. If we do that, we're guaranteed to all race together. However, the person booking the day would have to purchase all the tickets as well as paying a $25 license fee (it's the 'penalty' for reserving space) but well worth it as it can get crowded on Sundays. We'd just split that $25. It would probably be a couple bucks each. Well worth the reservation.
So, I posted 2/28...hopefully that will be ok with everyone?
We should get a head count by the Next Wednesday, Feb. 2/25 so that we can reserve our racing slots.
So, who's in?

1. Tarik
2. Kathryn
3. Jeff
4. Michelle
5. Rachel?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Re: F1 Boston - Cart Racing

Got a time in mind? You know me; the earlier the better. Not as likely to be crowded either.

The family (me excluded) goes to church in the AM, so I don't have to account to anyone for my time. Once you get into family time..... I've got more juggling to do.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

How's 9-10am...they open at 9am.
If we reserve a time it can be anytime, really. 10 is fine by me (we'll have to call and confirm the time/quantity soon to get a time we want though). Let me know.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

OK, if it's 9 or 10, I'M IN!

Who else?

Miles?
Todne?
Rachel?
Anil?
Frank?

T

·
0 Posts

Don I am not sure I am around on Sunday.......What time are you planning on going?

·
Registered
237 Posts

i want in!

i may have some seminar to go to that day but we'll see about that. . .

-steve

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

A REAL Hooligan can race with a hangover ;D

·
Registered
83 Posts

I have tentative plans for next weekend, but I am sure I can modify them to be around Sunday. Consider me in.

fc

S

·
0 Posts

A REAL Hooligan can race with a hangover ;D
oh it's definately possible... i just wouldn't wish it on anybody. say, these carts have cup-holders for a bloody mary?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts

I'll work on it this weekend. I'm supposed to go to Rhode Island for the weekend but that is not entirely concrete yet.

T

·
0 Posts

Bummer I have practice Sunday.. Maybe next time.. :'(

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

OK. Here's the deal. Tarik has tricked me into being the money man on this deal. Sooooo, I've got to call in a reservation and charge the whole thing on my credit card, probably late Tuesday to assure we can all drive together.

So I need firm commitments from everyone. It will be $20 a head plus everyone's pro-rated share of the $25 membership I'll have to buy to set this up. I'm guessing it will be $5 or less per head if everyone who has expressed interest commits.

So post your commitment here and I'll count you in. If you say yes, you're in to me for at least $20, whether you show or not!

Right now, I'm counting:

Tarik
Me

I'll update this post as commitments come in. You can email or PM me your commitment, or post to this thread. Whatever works.

If you're NOT on my list, I haven't reserves a spot for you!

Communication BABY!

Don

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

Updated commitments:

Tarik
Katherine
Don

These people have committed to paying me $20 plus a share of one $25 license fee.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.