Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

What do you think is the closest dollar amount to this bikes value?

• $4000

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • $5000

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • $6000

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • $7000

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • $8000

Votes: 1 2.9%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was my project this past winter. The bike only has 8000 miles, and has had the 10000km service. This is the s or special model, which has fully adjustable Showa front fork components, Ohlins rear shock and carbon bits. This is the fuel injected m900. I took it completely apart and did the following:

1. Ducati red powder coated wheels and frame

2. Black powder coated the fork braces and rear suspension linkage and hoop

3. Ceramicoated the exhaust headers

4. Added Evoluzione 28mm clutch slave

5. added CRG shorty levers

6. Leo Vince carbon fiber high pipes

7. USB pc3 power commander

8. Air box mod and K&N filter

9. Side stand kill override switch (can warm the bike up in neutral with side stand down)

10. Clear alternatives integrated LED taillight

11. Very high end LED front turn signals

12. Ohlins/Scotts steering damper

13. Billet Mad Duc reservoir covers

14. 1" longer Cycle Cat billet side stand to correct excessive lean on side stand

15. Tail chop and license relocate kit

16. New black anodized rear sprocket

17. Removed emissions canister and hoses back to air intakes (used very short machine screw to plug intake port hole for hoses that does not interfere with flow, which is cleaner than just plugging the old hoses).

18. Replaced pilot pegs with cycle pirates adjustable pegs to allow for highway comfort or sporting ground clearance as desired.

19. put on Pirellis Super Corsa 120/180 race take-offs that are barely used (one GP race, which is typically about 25 minutes on a 600 cc inline four bike).

This bike is in absolutely show bike condition. I had all the carbon bits re clear coated and added the double stripe in matching Ducati red…the paint/clear coat is like glass (lots of wet sanding to get a mirror finish; not a spot of orange peel anywhere; done by a top notch custom motorcycle and car painter).

Speaking of carbon…this bike has it in every place you can get it. The following are beautiful carbon (most pieces Ducati Performance parts): tank, front and rear fenders (above and below swing arm), passenger seat cover, side fairing inserts (beside seat), license plate frame, bikini fairing, sprocket cover, clutch cover, gauges surround and belt covers. I also have a DP carbon fiber belly pan that needs to be re-cleared, but is in good shape; I do not like the look and decided not to use in the project.

I am not going to take less than $6,000 for this bike, and am testing the waters to see what the value may be. It might be $5,000, but it may also be $7,000 or more. Not sure what the market would be for a bike with this much stuff and in this condition. It is truly like a new customized bike. Thoughts? Offers? Will probably put on Craigslist, a few other websites and possibly eBay, but thought the Monster forum would be a good place to start. Thanks for looking.

Lots of pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/andrewryangibson2008/2000DucatiM900s?feat=directlink

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts