Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn, I actually stood next to a sport 1000 in the dealer while my monster was getting its loooooong overdue 20k service the other day and I cant stop thinking about it now.

The only thing (and I do mean ONLY) that's stopped me emptying my savings account is the lack of a pillion seat.

One thing I love to do is take girls out for a ride - who am I not to give them the opportunity to cuddle up to me and maybe sneak a grope in ?

Why, WHY? could they not have put a couple more pegs on the back ?

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
hey six20aus,
are you an aussie ? have you checked out the Hooligans Downunder forum under Local clubs ?

now, back to your topic, I just dropped into Northside Cycles and they inform me that the sport 1000 will have a pillion seat next year.....perfect for you to keep the monster and start saving money for your next bike ! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
six20aus said:
The only thing (and I do mean ONLY) that's stopped me emptying my savings account is the lack of a pillion seat.
Simple solution, keep the 620 for the taxi rides, get the Sport1000 for _you!_

;)

big (or, pick up girls who already have their own bikes!)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn sexiest bike I've ever seen.

Will definately be my next bike. Hope it retains the dry clutch !!!!!

Yep another Aussie in SE burbs of Melb

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
six20aus said:
Damn sexiest bike I've ever seen.

Will definately be my next bike. Hope it retains the dry clutch !!!!!

Yep another Aussie in SE burbs of Melb
When we finally make it down to live in AUS..that will be my new bike of choice!!

Looked into Syndey but Melbourne will be it!! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
124 Posts
geez why would you want to live in melbourne, it's full of Victorians, it rains all the time and the coppers book you if you are 1 or 2 kays over the speed limit. Plus they don't have any decent football teams in any code. Move to Queensland. If it's good enough for the queen......

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
juk80 said:
geez why would you want to live in melbourne, it's full of Victorians, it rains all the time and the coppers book you if you are 1 or 2 kays over the speed limit. Plus they don't have any decent football teams in any code. Move to Queensland. If it's good enough for the queen......
Something is drawing us to MelB!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I'm with 'ya! I checked out the all of the Sport Classics on Sat and I love all of them! The Sport actually felt more comfortable than I expected, but I'm not sure how the 'ole wrists would hold up after 100 miles or so. I still can't truly grasp how tiny the Paul Smart is!!!

AZ, when you go to Australia, do you mind if I stow away in your luggage? Or perhaps they'll let me fly with the flight attendants if you continuously refer to me as "your directory of staff." ;D

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Count Desmo said:
AZ, when you go to Australia, do you mind if I stow away in your luggage? Or perhaps they'll let me fly with the flight attendants if you continuously refer to me as "your directory of staff." ;D

If you want to come down and work for me there! We're both going there to start businesses. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
IZ said:
If you want to come down and work for me there! We're both going there to start businesses. [thumbsup]
starting business huh ?

hmmm, so you've just moved to Florida ?? not getting closer to your suppliers are you ? ;) ;D

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
620mblack/Ti avenger said:
naw he will just be there for a month or two... and then decide to move to alaska or somewhere [cheeky]

Florida is a pitstop for my wife's international business degree. Then we're going "down unda" for awhile. Who knows what will happen from there??

·
Registered
541 Posts
I didn't like it until I saw it in person with the Zard exhaust......::Ducgasm::......the zards make that bike.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
NAKID said:
Dude, how are you gonna be a speech pathologist in a country with completely different dialect?
One of my classmates just got back from Melbourne. She went there for a few years to work after we graduated. I will be fine if I work in the hospital..typically SLP's don't work with articulation disorders in that setting. It's mostly TBI, CVA, MVA, dysphagia, etc.

She worked with articulation students in the schools and ended up coming back sounding like an Aussie after 3 years working down there.

BTW..back to the subject! Here you Paper!! These are so nice on the bike!! [thumbsup]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.