Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I'm a former Harley rider (Sportster) and I am currently researching Ducati ownership. I'm leaning toward a 2003+ Monster, probably 800+ CC. Unfortunately, one of my limitations will be fitting the bike into my single car garage along with the car (I sold the Harley before I moved in the new condo). The current condo association rules at my home do not allow bikes to be stored outside. My question is regarding the external dimensions of the 800+ bikes -- particularly the OE handlebar dimensions from outside to outside, height of handlebars to ground, and the length of bike from end to end (front of front wheel to rear of rear wheel). I couldn't find this info in the stickies, a quick search, or in the FAQs, but I'm sure it is posted somewhere on the site! Are the external dimensions of all Monsters roughly equivalent regardless of trim / engine?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to learning...

Jeff
Northampton, MA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I may have answered my own question. I stopped to see a Monster 620 tonight and found the following:

handlebars outside dimension, 32"
handlebars height from ground, 36"
length outside front to outside rear tire, 77"
approximate outside dimension of widest aspect of rear (lights), 24"

Can anyone tell me if the external dimensions of the Monsters with the larger engines are the same?

Jeff

·
Registered
635 Posts
I may have answered my own question. I stopped to see a Monster 620 tonight and found the following:

handlebars outside dimension, 32"
handlebars height from ground, 36"
length outside front to outside rear tire, 77"
approximate outside dimension of widest aspect of rear (lights), 24"

Can anyone tell me if the external dimensions of the Monsters with the larger engines are the same?

Jeff
Jeff,

I used to have the same issue before moving to my house with a two car garage; what I did was, park the bike parallel to the wall and the car would block the bike and/or, park as close to the wall as possible and park the car trunk first.

But yes, dimensions on same gen Monster are the same...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts