Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Another exhaust question here. I'm debating whether to go hi-mount or low-mount. Is there a performance difference between the two or is the difference simply in the appearance?

Also like to hear about 2-into-1 hi-mount exhausts. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone with this setup.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I think the main advantage to high pipes is the additional ground clearance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went High for the looks but wish I hadn't- Now I want to mount a Ventura Rack but they don't make one for older monsters with high pipes and a hacked off tail, so that may be a consideration for you=

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I went High for the looks but wish I hadn't- Now I want to mount a Ventura Rack but they don't make one for older monsters with high pipes and a hacked off tail, so that may be a consideration for you=
i think you could make the injected model rack set up work. get the one that's for high mount pipes.

also, 2-1 is bad for power.

high mount doesn't have better ground clearance than well designed low mount aftermarket mufflers. once you lose the OEM cans, the collector is the lowest part of the exhaust system. the pegs and sidestand drag well before them, though...

:) chris

H

·
0 Posts
I have Remus high mounts, which I love, BUT...I wish I would have gone low. I like to ride to work, which means a change of clothes and shoes. Tank bag is only "so" big, so now I wish I could have those cool soft saddle bags. Not with high mounts. If you plan a long distance trip, go for the lows, if you only ride short distances, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I am currently pipe shopping and want to get hi-mounts. Any feedback on carrying a passenger with hi-mounts? I'm not worried about the cans so much, but how close are the headers to the passenger pegs?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great feedback guys! I didn't think much about luggage space, but certainly this is important.

A couple manufacturers I'm looking into are Sil Motors and Leo Vince. Can anyone recommend one above the other?

mwb - My understanding is that low-mounts are better for the passenger than hi-mounts for various ergonomic reasons. The distance between the can and the foot peg depend on the manufacturer. I've seen a bunch of images of different makes and they're all different. Heat is also a big issue for the passenger on top of a hi-mount, unless the can is carbon.

V

·
0 Posts
if you do a search on pipes you will probably find out that everyone loves the pipes they have. :)

i have the CF hi-mount leo vince pipes, and love the sound as compared to my stock ones.

like jiro said,heat issues arent really a problem w/ CF hi-mounts. my passengers have never complained about heat. the cf is still very cool to the touch after a long ride.

M

·
0 Posts
I have the Sil Moto high pipe full system. The new header has more clearance than the OEM.

Passenger clearance is not a problem either.

S

·
0 Posts
the full sil motor system is definately very cool. rode a buddy's s4 with the high oval carbon's and it really felt like it had a nice extra punch compared to just slip-ons. LOVE that beefy 50mm tubing!!!
sil motor's definately a lot more cost effective than termi's too. you can get a full system sil motor system for not much more than the cost of termi slip-ons. ha!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts