1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That was a bunch of theoretical smart talk. :p I was questioning the feasibility of NO crossover , one low, one under seat GP style exhaust for ******. I tried posting a query on the tech board but got little response.

In an ideal world the headers would be of equal length, but with the ducati v-twin that is very difficult to accomplish. None of the aftermarket exhausts for Monsters have equal length headers.

Some of the fancy spaghetti systems approach equal length for the superbikes (and maybe some SS) and they do other stuff like different pipe diameters, more radical bends, etc. to equalize things.

As a practical matter I don't think equal length will make a whole hell of a lot of difference. That funky set-up I have on my bike is about as unequal as you can get and it works fine. More important to minimize restriction.

Arc fab forgot more about exhaust that I'll ever know so don't get your snuggies in a bundle over it. [laugh]

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:D :D ;D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Mo, Doug from Arcfab is going to call me this Friday. If I remember, I'll ask about it for you. I'll try to remember...I have alot to talk about with him...like a 620, titanium framed, under 300lb. racebike ;D
But anyway, I'll ask about his exhaust and the lack of a crossover for ya.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
after further inspection of the exhaust system , i realised taht it wasnt going staright out the back ::) How did i no see it first :p ?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
96 Posts
One of the ways you can get away with unequal length headers is by using different diameters. I think Honda does that with the RC211V if I remember right.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
crashm1 said:
One of the ways you can get away with unequal length headers is by using different diameters. I think Honda does that with the RC211V if I remember right.
Not sure about the diameter difference on the RC211, but most of the GP bikes run the closest cylinders up under the tail, and the farthest ones out the side behind the rearsets. So they have two seperate exhausts and it ends up making the length consistent across headers. You are right about the diameter difference as an option and Ducati does it on the superbikes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I concure. I love my Arrows, but I would give you one quick warning. The carbon-fiber pipes do not have the removable baffles.

They would look awesome and sound authoratative on your bike.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Pete , it def looks like a pretty deal ... now that im over the Arcfab :-X, i cant decide between Arrow and Spark :-\ ... my biggest problem, i can never make up my mind ???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts