Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advise from others who have changed from there stock exhaust to another brand, did you notice much difference if you just changed the mufflers in noise or if a full system noise and performance. Looking at Termi and Zard. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just checked my dyno sheet:

Before minus cat: 71hp 53 ft p
With DP kit (eprom, exhaust, airbox): 72hp 54 ft p
With full tune: 79hp 58 ft p

Night and day in terms of noise.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A full Arrows system is the way to go.
got to be the the best sounding Zaust on a s2r 1000, you will need to upgrade the ecu ,to a DP Performance ecu to get the full advantage of the system, and get the tune correct.

Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks HRH 1ST, have been considering Arrow as they sound great on other bikes, haven't seen many on Duc's mainly Termi, but Arrow is more reasonably priced so will look into it further. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Arrows.

Reactions: DucatistaSteve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Steve thats a mates s2r1000.
motowheels in the US is about your best place to get them, or Bellisimoto

you will need the header pipes/collectors as well.

i have used both companys and good services, check stock and availability before ordering.
Our crappy dollar plus postage dose make it expensive now unlike a few fears back when we were on par.

http://www.bellissimoto.com/ArrowMonster.html

http://motowheels.com/i-20921932-arrow-racing-collectors-monster-s2r-1000.html

http://motowheels.com/i-20918481-ar...p-ons-w-steel-end-caps-monster-s2r-s4r-s.html

Rob

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
G'day Steve
Another vote for Arrow pipes here.
You can even polish them yourself and they will come up very nicely.
You will need to address fueling with a full system. I believe they were quite lean as is to meet emissions.
I used a DP ECU. It eliminated the little flat spot it had just off idle and runs faultlessly.
It pulls strongly and I still regularly get around 260kms to a tank.
Going from standard pipes to open Arrow pipes with no baffles is truly night and day.
Its goes from sewing machine quiet to having to ride with ear plugs. They do sound fantastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts

Hay thats my bike Bawhaaaaaaaaaaa

So who is this mate HRH 1st and what does that mean anyway?

And yes the Arrows are pretty good , I have the Arrows mid pipe really good Finnish quality and IMO better than Termi's
Added bonus is they are staggered so if you tail chop you don't have six feet of Termi's hanging out the back.

But unfortunatly mine is un baffled so is rather loud from behind
..........well so I have been told .
As a precauction I have fashioned some cheap baffler inserts I picked up from eBay that with a little massaging wedge into the end of the mid pipe .
I keep them at home incase I ever get ticketed for noise so I can put them in if I have to get it tested .
The bike sound and goes like crap with them in so its full noise all the time. :)
I know Andy has the aftermarket tips which allow a baffler to be inserted.
I am running mine with a DP RACE ECU which from Ducati was quoted $1800 bugger that so I picked up one from Houston superbikes in the USA for $350 from memory but that was when our $$ were on parody.
Fueling is perfect with no flat spots and has a rather nice cackle on the over run.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just worked it out "HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS " clearly suffering delusions of grandeur.............................. Sir Rob as he is known elsewhere LOL

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check out EM Liniamoto for cheap exhausts - they seem to have a good range of Termi's, Ackra and Arrow.

I've just ordered a Dainese jacket from there which was at least $50 cheaper than anywhere else. A little slow to dispatch, however, otherwise all good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts