Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang:

Was going to remove my exhaust this weekend to paint it silver, following the advice and suggestions on previous threads. I even did a "trial run" on my wife's scooter exhaust - it came out great!

When I went to remove my '94 M900 exhaust, the front nuts came off no problem, and the outside nut for the rear was not a problem either - thery're pretty accessible. Then came the tricky part.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I just use a 10mm mini combination open / closed wrench I bought at Sears. It is about 3 1/2 inches long. Some good tunes help, it takes a while. I wish I had a better/faster setup, especially since I wish I could use my torque wrench, but this works.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Pretty much you're screwed. You can do it w/ a box end wrench with a decent handle, reaching from the right side, using two fingers in between the frame most of the time. It's a horrible pain in the ass. But that's about all there is to it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know this thread is going on 16 years old, but for anyone else searching the fora, I just removed the vertical header pipe from my '06 S2R800 and it's actually easy if you have 'wobble extensions' on a socket. Just bought a set on sale at Harbor Freight. The outside nut I actually did with a box wrench, but the inside nut took the wobble extension slipped in at an angle from the rear. Hm, that sounds kinky.
Anyway, I undid the outside nut to allow the header to rotate out of the way enough to allow access for the socket. Also pulled the gas tank because it was full and gave a better view.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts