Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2017 Monster 1200R and it has Termignoni. I presume it has upmap but I don’t know if there’s a physical item or if that just refers to the dealer doing something when they installed. I do know when I start bike “racing” flashes in the TFT (on my old 937 it flashed “EVO Racing” after I put full Termis on, so I presume this means it has the upmap?

but here’s the real question. I’m thinking of swapping the termi cans for San SC Project CR-T. So I don’t know if that’s wise, will it **** to the tuning, does the upmap if I have one regulate ****, will I need some other crap, would it void my warranty etc.

Hoping it’s just a simple plug and play swap and all is good but don’t want to shell out $$$ only to have headaches.

· Registered
'13 Monster 796 ABS
40 Posts
Should be alright. Nothing's gonna blow up if that's a concern. For example, you've more or less described my current setup, and the bike runs great: M796 with the full-system DP ECU, rumbling on SC Projects (the GP-Techs, and just the cans). In fact, if memory serves, there are folks here who even run these maps on stock exhaust!

The upshot is that the choice of exhaust doesn't really matter once you have a map like Ducati Performance's—your bike will run happier than stock 'cause the map is what's important. If the exhaust does start to matter, well, then you might be looking to eke out as much performance gains as possible—every last drop—and by then, you'd use an even better map altogether. For civilians like me, no biggie. (Actually, my DP map's been modified, but hell, I'll take it!)

Some miscellany:
  • Can't comment on the warranty, but I'd be shocked if your '17 still had it. Did you somehow purchase another plan?
  • You mentioned the different texts at startup: racing vs EVO racing. I believe this is 'cause there are technically two DP maps: one for slip-ons & the other full-system. Sounds like your 1200's got the slip-on map.
  • As to the broader topic of maps, they're more or less software that control the fueling to your fuel-injected bike, so that's why you wouldn't really see physical signs of them.* (*I'm not entirely truthful here, but hey, never let the truth get in the way—yada, yada.) That said, the Racing text is the telltale sign for the DP maps.
Good luck, let us know how things turn out!

PS: If this is your first time changing exhausts yourself, it's a lot easier with a buddy!!!!!

· Registered
769 Posts
Should be more than fine.
It may not be perfectly tuned to the SC-P but it will be far better than the stock flash without the upmap.

· Registered
33 Posts
You will be perfectly fine....I have a 2018 M1200s with the Termi cans - originally had the Termi Upmap - and yes, you can tell because it says "Racing" when you start it. Actually ran it before installing the upmap and it just runs a little lean...truthfully I doubt some would even know. If you can tell a difference with the SC can vs. the Termi let me know....doubt you will. I go back and forth on whether I should switch to the single SC can but for now will staying with the Termis...maybe its the $900 .... LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts