Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Monster S4. It came with a great looking set of carbon fiber, Sil slip-ons. They sound sweet but I would like to complete the set up with a quality header. Other than a Termi, what are my options? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I have a 2001 Monster S4. It came with a great looking set of carbon fiber, Sil slip-ons. They sound sweet but I would like to complete the set up with a quality header. Other than a Termi, what are my options? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
What brand are the slip ons? Ordinarily you would use a head pipe from the same manufacturer, one that is designed to match up with the slip ons. If you use a headpipe from another manufacturer you're likely to have problems with fitment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats true. Engraved on the endcaps is "Sil Exhausts". I guess they are a British company? At least that is what the last owner thought. Ever heard of them. I'd love to find the matching header if anybody out there has a lead on em let me know!

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Sil Motor is Italian
I dont think there was a header for your bike.
the only one i have seen is a spaghetti header for the M900 (and it is close to $1000)
the full systems only got very popular with the S2R/S4R to get rid of the udder
ceramic coat your header and s-pipes to match and call it good ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts