Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I have exhausted [no pun!!] all the archives yet still need a DEFINATE answer!!
I am buying a NEW [0 miles 2007 S4RS] this week and need the best sounding [ I do not care about the DB issue!] and the best performing exhaust.
I ride at lower RPM's not at 9000 rpm's and want the low end torque and HP that the S4RS is capable of.
Cost is not an issue. I want to get rid of the Cat!!
I do not care about the warranty issue.
I just want the best sounding [DEEP and LOUD] and the best performance I can get!
??Full Termi... Full Arrow with what ECU and ? Power commander or ZARD system???
I do not want sputtering at low RPM's!!
Should I move to a 14 t front sprocket???
Should I wait til I put 1000 miles on the bike or do it on the "new bike... 0 miles??.
Best scenario is to pick up the bike, new, with the 14 tooth sprocket and the full exhaust system mounted and ready to go.
I would prefer NOT to Dyno the bike, esp. as NEW!!!!!!
I am pulling thev trigger this week... let me know soon!!
Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
58 Posts
boom tubes ---------Add a FatDuc and a PowerCommander PCIII You will make the most amount of horsepower with this configuration

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you don't want to dyno it then full termi's with dp ecu and open filter is probably the best bet. It's the only turn-key soln... otherwise you have to fiddle with the tuning (dp ecu, power commander, etc, etc..). I have the full zards on my s4rs and it sounds amazing. But I'm running the factory ecu so it is not as smooth as it could be (and is probably not maximizing the hp). From my research, the ideal tuning process for me would be to get the dp ecu, open filter AND a power commander and then slap her on the dyno and get a custom tune... or get the nemesis ecu and slap her on the dyno.... a pain in the arse bc there aren't many good tuners in my area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, Bigfatfxr here. Being honest and giving you the best advice I can....I don't know how you can meet all your requirements without getting your bike on the dyno.

Honestly I have been hotrodding and tuning bikes for 40 years, I work at a Performance HD shop and also have a Duck, a 2008 Tricolore e/w termis, airbox and DP management system. I had bevel drives in past. So....even with performance parts right from Ducati you have to run them on a dyno to get your air/fuel mix right!!! The motor is going to want 13.5:1 air/fuel ratio or very very close to that for a good mix and good burn, in order to make good power PERIOD!

I listen to Duck/dudes who tell me ya runs great with these pipes but....hmmm it surges a little at this rpm, or pops a little on trailing throttle, well there you go!!!! Wrong mix!!!! Wrong mix = lost power.......some dudes even mistake LOUD for power. I see that everyday in the Harley world, dudes put on straight pipes or very loud pipes on their Harley and think WOW now it's fast but really....it would not pull a sick whore off a piss pot.

If your going to spend the money I would advise you to also spend the extra few bucks and tune it as well. One hour of dyno time is all it takes (MAX).....you will be thrilled!!!! It is worth every cent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts