Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you have a link where it shows the difference from the map?
I downloaded the app which is free, and you can look at available maps via your phone. I don't believe there is anything online via a website regarding their map library. I remember seeing a map for Termi with db killer, Termi without db killer, and a map for SC Project.

They came out with the T800 a couple of years ago, and I think this is the way forward for Termi. The DDS key I think is their older technology. My assumption is the map that came with your exhaust is a single map tuning possibly for the db killers in, as that's how the exhaust is shipped from the factory.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I downloaded the app which is free, and you can look at available maps via your phone. I don't believe there is anything online via a website regarding their map library. I remember seeing a map for Termi with db killer, Termi without db killer, and a map for SC Project.

They came out with the T800 a couple of years ago, and I think this is the way forward for Termi. The DDS key I think is their older technology. My assumption is the map that came with your exhaust is a single map tuning possibly for the db killers in, as that's how the exhaust is shipped from the factory.
Called Dealer and still no updates, and the upmap t800 isnt even offered over Ducati here in the USA. They only offer the full racing system or racing slip on. Ducati also advertises that the db killer can be removed on their page and that the slip on comes with a designated mapping. I also believe that the map is just not set to run without the db killers, which makes no sense since it idles fine on the stock tune. 😑

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Can the dealer try maps for different years? My 2014 engine is certainly different than a 2020. So there must be a different map. Maybe one from a different year will run better? Perhaps the 2020 map is a little off and they dont have enough evidence to fix it yet.
I hope you get it right.

Rex

·
Registered
23 Posts
@Mr-proper86 I honestly think the UpMap that is supplied on the DDS key with the exhaust is just one map for all, and that it's tuned for the db killers in. I think the exhaust has removable db killers for those that want to remove them and do a custom dyno tune. I would just run with one baffle in for now, and try out the T800 with the specific map for no db killers. You can buy the T800 from a few online retailers here in the US, and install the map yourself to see if that works better for the idle. The device is approximately $370 without tax, and the first map is free with the discount code found on the site. I plan to go that route, but with the exhaust with the db killers in. I like the T800 as I'm not reliant on the dealer to do any changes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Look
Can the dealer try maps for different years? My 2014 engine is certainly different than a 2020. So there must be a different map. Maybe one from a different year will run better? Perhaps the 2020 map is a little off and they dont have enough evidence to fix it yet.
I hope you get it right.

Rex
the one youtuber mentioned in this thread had 2018 model, and he had the same issue, he never went back to the dealer since he just added one baffle. But I also see plenty of termignoni without the baffles on youtube etc with no running issues. I definitely will get answer to this since this needs to be resolved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@Mr-proper86 I honestly think the UpMap that is supplied on the DDS key with the exhaust is just one map for all, and that it's tuned for the db killers in. I think the exhaust has removable db killers for those that want to remove them and do a custom dyno tune. I would just run with one baffle in for now, and try out the T800 with the specific map for no db killers. You can buy the T800 from a few online retailers here in the US, and install the map yourself to see if that works better for the idle. The device is approximately $370 without tax, and the first map is free with the discount code found on the site. I plan to go that route, but with the exhaust with the db killers in. I like the T800 as I'm not reliant on the dealer to do any changes.
I thought about this, but again if I have to spend money again, because the dealer can’t figure it out, They need to give me deal on the full system and I bite the bullet and get the full exhaust. Since they don’t have issues with the full system, he also said I’m the first one who had issues like that. They have panigale v2 with the akrapovic slip on and no db killers in it, and it idles completely fine. Hopefully I find out more today, dealer was waiting to hear back from ducati.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is currently no upmap kit available for the 2020 monster 1200, according to termignoni Customer service. As of now, I’m still waiting on hearing back from my dealer, worst case, I will upgrade to the full system.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts