Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m getting two different answers about wether remapping is required when switching to termignoni
cans On 2020 821.
any thoughts?

·
Registered
101 Posts
All the exhaust people say you dont need it. All the tuners and manufacturers say you do. If the exhaust people said you did they would sell very little, or have to lower their price or provide it.
It probably will not kill your bike right away, but it will probably be running in poorer health, The ECU can cover some of it but not all. If you change the intake too... then you need it (Some kind of tune) even more. Same with the catalytic converter.
PLUS
You gain nothing but noise without a tune of some kind.
There is that plug that I cannot remember the name of that changes what the bike thinks the intake/ambient temperature is. It makes it run richer and that is safer overall. And it usually helps to smooth out the throttle as newer bikes are all running lean to clear emissions.

So overall, if it is a true slip on AFTER the converter i would say you are safe. If you remove the converter and disable any exhaust valve you need it more.

Rex

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the exhaust people say you dont need it. All the tuners and manufacturers say you do. If the exhaust people said you did they would sell very little, or have to lower their price or provide it.
It probably will not kill your bike right away, but it will probably be running in poorer health, The ECU can cover some of it but not all. If you change the intake too... then you need it (Some kind of tune) even more. Same with the catalytic converter.
PLUS
You gain nothing but noise without a tune of some kind.
There is that plug that I cannot remember the name of that changes what the bike thinks the intake/ambient temperature is. It makes it run richer and that is safer overall. And it usually helps to smooth out the throttle as newer bikes are all running lean to clear emissions.

So overall, if it is a true slip on AFTER the converter i would say you are safe. If you remove the converter and disable any exhaust valve you need it more.

Rex
Thanks Rex
that’s h
kind what I’m hearing too.
cheers

·
Registered
101 Posts
On another note. I think you should go with the Ducati upmap for the Termis. When you sell you will be able to prove it is there. and the next buyer will be able to keep it easily. If you get the ecu done on a dyno, even if you keep the receipt there is really no way to prove it is still there...
might be better for resale...
But, you could probably get even more performance elsewhere. The Ducati map is still from the manufacturer so they will always be thinking safety in regards to their warranty...

I bought my 1200S used with the Termis and upmap and love it. It runs great. I picked it up without the baffles and they will never go back in. Sounds like sex on wheels. But I never did ride it without the Termis and map.

Rex

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On another note. I think you should go with the Ducati upmap for the Termis. When you sell you will be able to prove it is there. and the next buyer will be able to keep it easily. If you get the ecu done on a dyno, even if you keep the receipt there is really no way to prove it is still there...
might be better for resale...
But, you could probably get even more performance elsewhere. The Ducati map is still from the manufacturer so they will always be thinking safety in regards to their warranty...

I bought my 1200S used with the Termis and upmap and love it. It runs great. I picked it up without the baffles and they will never go back in. Sounds like sex on wheels. But I never did ride it without the Termis and map.

Rex
Interesting....how do I confirm the UpMap has been done by the dealer?

·
Registered
101 Posts
When you start it it will say racing. I think it says Evo Racing or something if you have the Full system. meaning all new header pipes and everything. If you bought it from a dealer they probably would have. Id it flashes that below, just go ride.

Rex

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you start it it will say racing. I think it says Evo Racing or something if you have the Full system. meaning all new header pipes and everything. If you bought it from a dealer they probably would have. Id it flashes that below, just go ride.

Rex
thanks again Rex. I’m due for my 1000km service next week so will
follow that up. At this point it doesn’t say anything
cheers

·
Registered
101 Posts
I did not think they did it without installing/charging for the upmap. Maybe. But as far as I have ever seen if they installed it, it would show.
Good luck

Rex

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just had the termi slip ons (without the db killers) with the map key installed on my 2020 monster 1200s and I have erratic idle of 1000-1500rpm. Dealer tried everything, such as reset tps, evap, fresh gas, check air box for cracks, spark plugs,o2 etc. nothing would change it. Maybe the map is corrupted, will have that checked Tuesday. The funny thing is, with the db killer installed it will idle fine! I searched the web and nobody seems to have the same issue and can’t find any answers for it. And yes, the display shows Racing when I turn the key on to indicate it is mapped.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just had the termi slip ons (without the db killers) with the map key installed on my 2020 monster 1200s and I have erratic idle of 1000-1500rpm. Dealer tried everything, such as reset tps, evap, fresh gas, check air box for cracks, spark plugs,o2 etc. nothing would change it. Maybe the map is corrupted, will have that checked Tuesday. The funny thing is, with the db killer installed it will idle fine! I searched the web and nobody seems to have the same issue and can’t find any answers for it. And yes, the display shows Racing when I turn the key on to indicate it is mapped.
This guy reported the same with the db killers out:

I don't remember what happened later, it either resolved itself or he installed one db killer and it worked better.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine does not have the Evap? exhaust cannister thing. Not all states require it. I have read many threads about that being removed. Do some research around that.

Rex

·
Registered
10 Posts
dealer removed evap canister but didn’t change anything. Dealer also just uploaded the stock tune and it idles fine!! It will also idle with one db killer installed with termi map. I paid 2k because it comes with a map. I keep ya updated, at the dealer right now

·
Registered
101 Posts
I mean maybe it could be? is it still connected/working? Generally it should be removed or just disabled for use with these exhausts. Just guessing. The upmap has Ducati's blessing, it should work fine.

Does it only happen when cold?

Rex

·
Registered
10 Posts
I mean maybe it could be? is it still connected/working? Generally it should be removed or just disabled for use with these exhausts. Just guessing. The upmap has Ducati's blessing, it should work fine.

Does it only happen when cold?

Rex
It does it when it gets warm! Idles fine cold, as soon as it gets temp, it starts. The exhaut flapper is working since its loud at idle and everything is checked out. Dealer kept the bike and gave me ride home. Hopefully we find out more over the next few days.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It does it when it gets warm! Idles fine cold, as soon as it gets temp, it starts. The exhaut flapper is working since its loud at idle and everything is checked out. Dealer kept the bike and gave me ride home. Hopefully we find out more over the next few days.
The UpMap T800 does have separate maps for the termi with and without db killers, maybe they realized there was a need for different tuning with the db killers in?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The UpMap T800 does have separate maps for the termi with and without db killers, maybe they realized there was a need for different tuning with the db killers in?
no idea, with the db killers in, no issues. With them out, erratic idle. Maybe it does have the wrong tune loaded up, the kit just came with ducati map key, which the dealer uses to store theoem map on, at least thats how it got explained.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts