Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting some high temp silicon in the joint where the stock slip ons enter the headers. I seem to be getting a bunch of exhaust coming out of there. Is there a better way? Some type of aftermarket clamp? It seems odd that the pipes just slide in there. The left one is so loose it almost can rattle. Let me know any opinions on a solution.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I've used red Permatex in the past. It's kind of tricky to get a good seal that won't leave a permanent residue inside the tight places, though.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
TwinRider, try some Permatex blue RTV silicone. It's good to about 700 deg f. The red stuff is good to 400-450 degs. I used the blue when I installed my Hindle cans (sloppy fit) and it seems to work well. I got the blue silicone at Ace Hardware, but I'm sure most auto parts stores would have it.

Eddie

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Where did you put the silicon? Before you slipped the cans on you put it on the inside of the can where it would contact with the pipe? Or did you somehow seal it after you put the cans on?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the copper permantex works well i sealed my modded pipes with it, also my dealership said to put tin foil around the pipe, it works to

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Crimson, my cans came with pipes that plug into the stock header pipes. I put the silicone on the end of the new pipe, then slid that into the head pipe. Once I got everything lined up and tightened, I wiped off the excess that squeezed out.

Eddie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts