Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I couldn't find anything in the search that helped me much. I've seen discsussions on slight leaks in your exhaust cans, but my cans leak bad. Story; I cored the stock cans by sliding the covers down and cutting off the end. Now that I've put it back together after the coring, it leaks all around the cover. The outer can was never intended to be used to hold exhaust in, the inner can did that - before I took a hacksaw to it. now the question is, how do I seal up this puppy?

2nd question. I have another set of stock exhuast pipes and I was thinking about coring them as well - thinking about not using the ones above and using these. I've taken a different coring route with these - I've drilled the end caps and now I have a honeycomb looking thing in the tail pipe. The outer part of the ring cam out but the issue is that the inner part of the ring is welded to the inner pipe. Can anyone think of a way to get something in there to cut off the pipe and thus getting rid of the ring as well? I have a dremel - but don't have anything in the tool kit to get in there.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
or use a hack saw and cut through the welds that kold the end cap on and cut through the whole thing this will cut the inner pipe and remove the end cap. Just make sure that you cut straight.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ducrider45 said:
or use a hack saw and cut through the welds that kold the end cap on and cut through the whole thing this will cut the inner pipe and remove the end cap. Just make sure that you cut straight.
I did the hacksaw route on the first set of pipes, but now they leak REALLY bad. So I wanted to do with without cutting the inner can. I'll pickup a diamond cutting blade and have a whack at it. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts