Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 750Sie and am in the process of ordering High Mounts Sils for the bike. Looking at all the pictures, it seems that the pipes go behind the rearsets on the bike.

Well, I was looking at the right side of the bike and there seems to be a black box on the bike where the pipe is supposed to go through. I think this is some kind of anti smot cannister. I talked to Stuart at Spareshack, and he suggested that I post on this board, to see if the cannister needs to be relocated. Has any one installed high mounts on a 2002 750? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
that box is the charcoal cannister for evaporative emissions. for hi mounts, it would have to be eliminated or moved. most people eliminate it. TPO has a kit for this, or you can make a trip to the hardware store and make your own. Click on TPO under sponsers.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yeah, toss that evap can - looks like crap anyway. I just installed the Sil Highmounts on my '02 750 over the weekend and I'd like to offer a word of warning: use caution when removing the left rearset, as it shares a bolt with the kickstand - otherwise your Monster might end up on top of you!

Better yet, don't be stupid like me and use a proper rear stand :)

M

·
0 Posts
You do need to remove that cannister for highmounts. Once you're done, you should also look into replacing the side covers as well, since the left one will have a bulbous gap left where the cannister used to be and will look pretty silly.

I have to tackle this job as well. Does anyone know where to find good instruction for it? I'm semi-mechanically inclined and could handle this with good instructions (pictures are good too). I looked at the ones on Ducatsuite.com but they are for an older monster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts