Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After lowering the bike to a 29 inch seat height, we found we were dragging the header pipe on every ride, and had created quite a flat spot at the lowest portion of the header. After 6K miles it was just about worn through so we knew we were going to have to do something. We were at our local shop one day talking about the 6K service and they indicated they could fab up a new header that would eliminate the problem, similar to what the Multistrada has.

It turned out pretty good as the pics will show.

Here is a close up of the oil temp sensor that had to be moved. This is the only thing I'm going to change. The shop used some funky parts rather than OEM parts used on the Multistrada. I'm going to be changing this out with the Multistrada parts. Because the MTS header basically takes the same path, they have the oil sensor line located here.

This shot shows the rear cylinder header and the bends they made. Each pipe is totally individual now. They got rid of the diamond collector.

The whole thing got ceramic coated in silver. I think our problem is solved at this point [thumbsup]

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thats nice, I've thought about doing it....but havn't had the motovation.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rule62 said:
"Each pipe is totally individual now. They got rid of the diamond collector."

Are there any adversities to this? Are the pipes each the same length? Just curious. Looks GREAT!
No adversities that we can see, and the dealer said there wouldn't be. They are the same length, thats the reason for the exotic bend of the rear pipe, to make it the same length as the front.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
nice!! [thumbsup]

I had planned on doing that for the past year, never got around to it. Now I'm swapping engines and want to do the same to the 900 going in.
Right now I have a skid plate welded to the bottom of my front header, it's helped protect it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.