Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a problem with my current exhaust. I have a 2-1 sil motor high mount and it doesn't breath well enough to develop it's potential hp at the track, (a few of you had responded to an earlier post that it may be that). Well I need a new full exhaust with great ground clearence, can anyone recommend a system for me? I have a 96 m900. Thanks for any input.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Sil Motor 2-2 system has good clearance and across the range power. I have it on my bike.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you guys remove your kickstand for track days or is there an aftermarket kickstand? The nub is gone but the foot seems to be the new hard part I am dragging on the ground for now. I am still running stock pegs and they are getting sharp but they move. It seems every time I go to the track I have to remove or replace something that is to low. Last time it was the stock pipes that had to go. The monster is sure fun on the track.

Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you raised the rear?
That helps that handling and clearance...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for hyjacking your thread Splinter996. I figued you guys would know this...

It seems to only be a problem as my line changes to pass another rider or ride a different line then I seem to touch down parts. I am really looking for bigger safety factor so I have some lean to spare. The pegs dont bother me they move, but the kickstand has the potental to cause a lowside. I should have one of the racers follow me around the track again that always helps alot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts