Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member and this is my first post. Please be gentle. Bought a 2006 S2R black and orange. Got rid of emissions, crankcase box and tubing and rear (very heavy) license plate monstrosity all with help of TPO. Probable cut 5lbs and lots of ugliness off bike. Reducing weight is my primary goal. Debating about tail shop. Really like the look and it would probably trim a lb or two. Hate the cat bladder. Thinking about exchanging the entire exhaust for the Ex Box. Looks like that alone would trim 5lbs and lower mass and possibly aid in handling. Anyone have experience with the Ex Box. Would like to have sound slightly baffled. Don't want straight pipes. Anyone have a comment or can direct me toward info on Ex Box?
Thanks
GREAT SITE!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I've had the exbox for a while now, they actually have a clip of me on the motowheels site.
it's loud, all the time. It also shaves around 10lbs+ off the weight and its all high weight which makes it feel like even more. You will love this pipe, trust me on that.

I have a question for you though, how does your S2R run with the pods on it?

·
Registered
144 Posts
sodark said:
\It also shaves around 10lbs+ off the weight and its all high weight which makes it feel like even more. You will love this pipe, trust me on that.
+1

I had my ceramic coated black. Could use a custom map but Quat D is coming out with their own modules soon. Just had my first chance at some twisties last weekend and it handled great.

·
Registered
144 Posts
sodark said:
Where did you hear that? Did you get that info from the Quat-D site?
That is direct from Quat D, we are getting one in as a sample to try it out on a S2R800. The cost is going to be about the same as a power commander. If you already have a PC it may be best to get a custom map.

Brian

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Sac Monster said:
That is direct from Quat D, we are getting one in as a sample to try it out on a S2R800. The cost is going to be about the same as a power commander. If you already have a PC it may be best to get a custom map.

Brian
Nope, I dont have a PC yet, i was waiting for it them to build a database for the S2R1000 before i bought it, but i like the idea of consistency with Quat-d, I'll definitely wait for theirs to get built

You mentioned you were getting one in as a sample, i may have missed it, but are you affiliated with a shop that will be selling them?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Something I have noticed about the Quat D is the price keeps going up. Started at 900 then 1000 now 1050.00. I guess it's supply and demand.

·
Registered
144 Posts
surfs1st said:
Something I have noticed about the Quat D is the price keeps going up. Started at 900 then 1000 now 1050.00. I guess it's supply and demand.
More so the euro/usd exchange rate going up. We actually increased retail this last time but left the member price alone so sign up as a member if you haven't already.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for comments. With a black monster I would definitely go with ceramic black coat. Sorry, I'm not completely familiar with Ducati language in my DML infancy. Pods??? Does that mean stock exhaust? Got rid of a very heavy, but very hard pulling Buell M2 Cyclone. Current 800 does not have the HARD straight line pull as Buell, but much prefer the lightness and agility of Ducati. Just need about 10 more hp and about 10 less lbs to be really happy with performance. Thinking maybe I should have got the 1000. But I really think that if I can get the right intake, exhaust, ECU setup I think the balance of handling and performance should be adequate. I'm only about 160lbs myself so the smaller lighter bike is a great match for me.
Phil

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Think I figured out what a Pod is. I did not change the air filter. Though I plan to. I did get rid of the crankcase breather, all the stupid tubing running to the air filter box and the plastic box under the seat. Little K&N filter went on crankase breather. Taking off emission crap and crankase breather tubing really cleans up left side of bike and allows you to see that beautiful naked engine.

·
Registered
277 Posts
ooooohhhh thats nice!!! I still want to know how loud it is? Listening to the clips is hard to tell. Can anyone compare it to a set of cored cans? Maybe on a 1-10 scale? Just dont want to wake up the neigborhood at 6am. Thats sad, I must be just getting old-- If its too loud your too old!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm wondering about baffles for this exhaust, as I've read a couple of folks talk about how loud the box is when mounted without them. What about with them in (assuming they actually come with the kit)?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
144 Posts
The box doesn't come with removable baffles like the std./high mounts from Quat D. The Quat D pipes with the removable baffles are some of the loudest when they are removed. The box definitely isn't as loud compared to these pipes but I haven't heard one where somebody opened it up to remove some baffling

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Stephano just replied to an email that the cost for the Ceramic Coating is $375.00, it requires an extra 10 days for delivery and is available in the following colors:
  • Titanium
  • Blue
  • Silver
  • Satin Black
  • Black
  • Cream

I want one so bad. Please stock more Ex Box's MotoWheels! I will order soon!
I think it looks really bad ass with the short belly pan.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.