Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the fact of how these place the slider in a better location for the bike but are any of you who have these hitting your knees on them? When I am forward and low for high speeds it looks like my knees will be exactly where these slides go?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes I find them to get in the way and be uncomfortable and also transfer a lot of heat when trying to grip the tank. I'm considering replacing with Woodcraft or Barracuda but would like to "see" them in person so I can tell if they also get in the way. Here's those other ones:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I was concerned with. Regarding the other two options I have read that aluminum is not best in a slide and does not have the best coefficient of friction. Are those Barracuda colored end plates aluminum? Looks like the Woodcraft colored end caps are Cerakote, maybe for that very reason? Both would work in a driveway drop but Woodcraft may handle slide better to avoiding bike tumbling? I imagine either would be less in the way as they mount directly in the front lower hole so nothing would be near the knees.

Thanks for confirming my concerns with the Evotechs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the pic, first one I've seen of the Evotech slider with a leg over the bike. Doesn't appear the sliders an issue.

Other thing I've heard is that metal brace holding the slider conducts a ton of heat especially on the right side. Do you find that also?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts