Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ducatistas. I'll appreciate your feedback about the product and the installation of the Evotech Performance Tail Tidy/Fender Eliminator unit for the Ducati Monster 696 and 1100.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I dont have one for the Ducati, but I have seen them on a R1. Good quality part. I am thinking about getting one for the 696.

Jim

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the Evotech on my M110, and it's beautiful. I'll be posting pics of my bike shortly, so I'll drop a link in this thread.

As syme 71 mentioned, the instructions are pretty weak - dangerous actually! It recommends putting some grease on the rubber spacers to hold them in place while assembling, which in turn ended up greasing the threads on the screws mounting the Evotech. 50 km of riding later, three of the screws had uninstalled themselves, and the fourth was hanging by a mm of thread. That would have been an extremely ugly incident if it had let go on the highway.

I contacted Evotech, and they sent me new screws and spacers and agreed that a little bit of loctite might be in order. It's been a thousand clicks since, and no sign of them budging. I'll give them top marks for customer service - super nice guys to deal with on the issue.

I'm not entirely happy with the rear signal lights with the Evotech. I had the stockers on it for a few days, but didn't like the look. I replaced them with some Rizoma LEDs, but it's still not quite right. You'll see what I mean in the pics.

If I was to do it again, I think I'd go with signal lights integrated into the tail light, and then maybe grind off the signal light brackets on the Evotech. Maybe I'll still do it someday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm from Quebec and our plates is bigger than the US ones.
The mounting holes are 6'' 3/4 appart. will it fit on the Evotech Tidy Tail?
Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
I put an r&g tail tidy on mine and it was great. Aluminum was thick, powder coat was thick, fit great, plate light works well and the lock is still in almost the stock location and works well. Very good piece if you ask me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm from Quebec and our plates is bigger than the US ones.
The mounting holes are 6'' 3/4 appart. will it fit on the Evotech Tidy Tail?
Thanks
I just measured mine, and it'll fit easily. The brackets that mount the plate can slide in or out a fair bit to handle a range of plate sizes, and they also tilt to let you position it perfectly.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I just finished installing mine on my '10 696 and I love it. The fit and finish of the parts are fantastic. It's a textured finish black powder coat and it really looks good.
Like everyone said, the instruftions are basically "remove old fender, install new one".
It's nice that they include the adapter brackets for American style plates, although it would be cooler if they just made a U.S. spec plate holder.

·
Registered
22 Posts
just got mine on too ... the instructions said to use the supplied "special cut washer" for remounting the OEM signal lights. What "special cut washer"?? None came in package. So i used the OEM grooved rubber spacer on the interior side of Evotech mounting plate BUT could not use the OEM 5mm hex screw - too short. So i went down to local hardware store and bought 2 M5x10mm long screws with phillips head. This actually looks really good beause the spacer hides the wire that connects to harness. i am happy and will be posting a walk-around of all the aceesories i installed on this new bike. Note - i had to remove my passenger grab bars to fit the Evotech tail tidy. too bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts