Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have been looking around for a good protection combo for my bike (2014 Monster 1200). I am a complete noob to motorcycling so I want to make sure she is safe from all my mistakes.

I am planning on getting a cheaper used bike that can take my mishaps without breaking my heart. but I still want my Monster to be worry free.

The Evo Tech Performance sliders caught my attention. Not too intrusive looks-wise IMO, but seems like it would add some serious protection in the event of a drop.
Also, Would the front and rears spindle bobbins add any real protection?

Does anyone have any experience with them that they can share?

My main concern is whether they provide enough clearance and their positioning would protect the gear shifter in-case of a left side drop.

Apologies for the beginner questions, would appreciate your help and advice.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Archer
I have the Evotech sliders on my bike and I think they look great and offer good protection from a side spill. Now as to the shifter being protected I can't say. I did see the folding shift pegs for Ducabike shifters as an option u may want to consider. But I don't know if shifter would hit before sliders. Hard to say and each circumstance is different. As to wheel or rim protectors I used Rizoma. Mainly for looks but I also don't want to damage a good thing:sunglasses:
Also read up on techniques for frame slider install. Saves time and headaches- there is a thread on here about it

·
Registered
59 Posts
Think evotech is the way to go for frame sliders for the monster. Planning on ordering mine soon as well. Probably won't get the rim protectors though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thanks for the quick reply and your input Bogie.

I will look around for these folding shift pegs, sounds like a good solution. They are such a vulnerable yet critical part that you wouldn't wanna lose mid ride in case anything were to happen :)

Agreed about the different circumstances. Either way, they do look great, and as far as I can tell are a quality product from what I am reading.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Evo are spot on. I have the R&G sliders sat in a box at home but don't like them so are too going to get the Evo tech on.

Maybe a group buy on this ??

·
Registered
32 Posts
By looking at some of the photos, it seems like the Evotech sliders cover the coolant refill cap.

For those of you that have the sliders, do they obstruct any serviceable parts ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Marcof
The Evotech sliders do cover over the overflow cap. But it can still be used as they don't sit on top of but instead sit out from by a little. I'm not home but I think u could still use with a flexible hose on a funnel. Or u could top off the radiator itself. I can take a pic later if u want.
As a side point if anyone is putting the frame sliders on and the Evotech radiator guard -- do the guard first and it will save u a hassle. I put all the Evotech guards on my bike last night and it was not easy getting to some of the areas with the frame sliders in place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe they cover the fuseboxes, if I'm not mistaken. If you use the healtech gear indicator you will need to access it, among some other items.

Build quality is awesome, I don't even mind the stainless bolts. They will definitely assist in mitigating damages to your bike and maybe leg if that is the case. Torque specs for the engine bolts are 66ft-lbs. Easy to install and remove, only do one bolt at a time. If you remove the front frame slider bolt and loosen the rear a tad you would be able to shift it out of the way to gain access to the cap and fuses.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If anyone installed the sliders themselves, did the bolt holes between the engine and the frame go out of alignment when you removed the bolts to install the sliders? And if it did, was it a PITA to realign to reinstall the slider bolts?

·
Registered
40 Posts
If anyone installed the sliders themselves, did the bolt holes between the engine and the frame go out of alignment when you removed the bolts to install the sliders? And if it did, was it a PITA to realign to reinstall the slider bolts?
Mine didnt go out of alignment, but i had a jack under the engine to support the weight. There should be minimal misalignment if you remove one bolt at a time, but its always good to be safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but could not find anything else relevant to my question. I’ll start a new thread of no reply...

I had to take off one frame slider to access the battery, and when I went to put the frame slider back the frame is out of alignment and I am unsure of the best way to get it back.

I only undid one bolt, though I did also loosen the other so I could pivot the slider out of my way.

I did not have bike on any kind of stand, other than kickstand, which after seeing the comment above was likely foolish.

Any advise on how best to realign would be much appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts