Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a known fact that they do all they can to pass emission regulations. And most monsters under 4k are a bit rough, and those that have had them tuned confirmed it transforms the bike and it feels much better from 2k to redline. Many think it's just part of the character of the bike, but bikes are rarely what they were designed to be to start with. Just like the 15T sprocket, clearly produced that way to lower revs to meet sound and pollution regulations (you can't even use 6th gear at highway speeds with the stock sprocket). I want my bike to run like it was designed to run. The 14T sprocket did help, but there's still some gains to be made down low to make the engine smoother.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does look nice, but it's posted by the persons selling it :)

Don't take my word for it ;)

Tuneboy is what I've personally used, but it's not available for new monsters, only S4RS and prior. Autotune is optional but it comes with several dyno built maps.

You can ship your ECU out for less money but you get the same map as everyone else and results vary.

The best tuning option is of course going to a tuner who can reflash your ECU and custom tune your bike.

RapidBike is the only piggy back system that will override the stock ECU without reflashing it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts