Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding home tonight. I was coming up through a set of hills to get to my neighborhood that goes through some mild twists, everything surrounded by trees on both sides, and I suddenly realized as I leaned to the right "whoa, I'm flying." Then my brain went into a state of euphoria. I began to comprehend the nature of how fast I was actually going for someone who is riding basically fully exposed on top of a machine with two wheels. It was one of the most intense experiences I've ever had.

'till death do us part, Monster.... 'till death do us part...

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
yeah, the moments of weird clarity are neat. :D

i was riding passanger in a stearman (read: old biplane) once, and he flipped it on its back, so i was just dangling in the straps. terrifying, and exhilirating. i'd do it again in a heartbeat.

christ, i need to go someplace with twisty roads and good scenery.

·
Registered
304 Posts
zarn02 said:
yeah, the moments of weird clarity are neat. :D

i was riding passanger in a stearman (read: old biplane) once, and he flipped it on its back, so i was just dangling in the straps. terrifying, and exhilirating. i'd do it again in a heartbeat.

christ, i need to go someplace with twisty roads and good scenery.

Yup. Had a ride in an old Waco Biplane from WW2 about 2 Summers ago. Told him to pull every aerobatic maneuver in the book. He did. Thought I'd loose my insides a couple of times, but, there's nothing like it.

The Duc does provide more than it's share of exitement, though...

LJB 8)

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
IZ said:
Whoa..I'm having flashbacks of Chub Rocks "moonlight bromance"!

;D
Why, oh why, did you revive that!!! Damnit, man, you should have left it alone!

So, uh, whaddya doin' later? ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts