Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Estoril predictions / thoughts....Inevitable Spoiler

6K views 139 replies 29 participants last post by  ducpainter 
Re: Estoril predictions / thoughts

OT said:
If Nicky does well (and you believe everything you read), he'll have to do it on his own on a track he doesn't know well on a bike with supposedly 'unfixable' problems (although I can't imagine how a clutch can't be fixed) against an incredibly motivated and determined opponent (Rossi).

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Oct/061012s.htm
Terminal_Preppy said:
I don't get it, how can a clutch be 'unfixable'?? Is nicky just doing something totally different from everyone else that makes his clutch not work right? Does he have some newfangled clutch that's integrated with his bike that can't be replaced with a older style 'working' one? Seems like a curb about an inch high, but Honda can't make it work? So weird...
My money's on Rossi.
could just be the design of he motor... with the clutch in the middle... among all the heat...

yes, his motor is different than all the other rc211v and the clutch isn't interchangeable.

ducpainter said:
MGP.com sucks. The feed dropped out and I can't get back on.
my feed didn't drop... do you use the windowsmedia or real stream? i prefer the real, i think the quality is better.

oh yeah... sweet pass from elias! [thumbsup]

use real. ;D

and wow, what a finish... go elias! (and junior)

Re: Moto GP (Portugal)

kopfjager said:
That was pretty crazy stuff
DISREGARD (threads merged)

first of all, this is not the proper forum for this.

there is already a discussion about this race here.

secondly, your post is destined to become spoiler laden and does not contain the proper warning in the thread title.

DISREGARD (threads merged)

Slash said:
What does imiserizing mean?
i means worse of than you were in the beginning.

superjohn said:
I already deleted it from the Tivo or I'd go back and watch again.
the full race just posted to mototgp.com.

i'm reliving the tragedy. ::)

DuCaTiNi said:
the other tragedy was losing the live feed that i payed money for & set my alarm to get up early to watch
damn that motogp.com
:mad:
as many people that evidently had problems with the feed today, mine was rock solid for the whole broadcast.

firefox 2.0rc2 + realplayer 10.5

MikeB said:
They could learn a thing or two from Yamaha. It was nice that Edwards was trying to help Rossi out. Apparently Yamaha has a better idea of what team work is all about.
colin knows the game... whether yamaha had given the orders or not, he knows that it's his job to help his teammate out.

EvilSteve said:
I didn't see half of you spitting blood like this when Crashernau took Capirex out (and the rest of the people that went down).
then you weren't lookin over here.

that said, it was earlier in the year, not the next to the last round with his teammate leading the championship.

EvilSteve said:
If Nicky loses this championship it's on his head, not Pedcrashbot. He'd let a 51 point lead slip down to 12 even before being taken out.
granted, HRC was playing "hey, let's try out this brand new clutch" which resulted in some piss poor starts for nicky. if it wasn't for positions lost on those starts, nicky could still be in the points lead, even with his DNF yesterday.

Spidey said:
Funny that there's so much talk about what Pedrobot was told by HRC or what he should have know to do. Anyone listen to KR Jr after the race? His thing about riding hard, wanting to win, but not wanting to take out someone in the championship hunt? And he's not on anyone's team.
[thumbsup]

OT said:
MotoGP is not a drag race -- the clutch isn't as big a deal as we think it is...
you should really read recent articles about the clutch issues. nicky's clutch roast itself at the start and then be marginal for the rest of the race.

EvilSteve said:
I may be wrong but I don't think these guys go out there and look at the title standings and decide where they need to finish. They all go out there to win.
..and where did bayliss finish in race 1 at imola?

lemme help ya out on that one: fifth.... a VERY distant fifth at that.

then he came back in race 2 and decimated the field.

EvilSteve said:
And your logic is where? Did you notice that he'd never raced at Magny Cours? Did you notice in the post 2nd race interview that he'd had problems with setup and was still trying to learn the track. Did you notice that he'd *already* won the championship after coming a distant 5th at Imola in race 1? You might want to check that out.
you'll see i already corrected my post to reflect his race at imola.

my point is that he protected his lead and finished where he needed to in order to secure his championship. then he came back and kicked some ass.

EvilSteve said:
edit: I see you figured out what you were talking about now.
i knew what i was talking about to begin with, i just flipped the race/position in my head.

motogpfan said:
Whats with the sunglasses, he's trying to be a rock star,

He makes me laugh, what a a dope
come on, man...

1) somebody just killed his kitten.

2) at least his hat's on the right way *cough*gibernau*cough*

3) why not some equal criticism for rossi and capirossi?

Attachments

ducpainter said:
Could he ride 250 in the wet?
nope... he's never been good in the wet on anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.