Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't wait for this weekends race. Should be great to see those guys let it all hang out (man that does not read well).

Valentino fastest out the box, then bike troubles slow him down in FP2. Hayden a solid #2 place after FP2. I am torn b/t who to root for.

I think no matter what condition his bike is in, the Dr. will have a few more tricks up his sleeve. You can't knock him anywhere, let alone on the box on all 6 visits, 4 wins, not too shabby for a track he doesn't really like... It will be a good test for Nicky (who must be dying for another win in the event he does win it all just so naysayers can't harp on his lack of outright wins) but he's been around long enough to play it smart. I can't imagine having to run race these last 2 knowing a fall ends the title run. That said...

1) Rossi
2) Hayden
3) Stoner

(Cool to see McCoy back doing well, that guys like a Timex (or a dinosaur take your pick). - I always watch faster and feel bad he's not around anymore...hope he gets the ride next yr.)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,364 Posts
Re: Estoril predictions / thoughts

If Nicky does well (and you believe everything you read), he'll have to do it on his own on a track he doesn't know well on a bike with supposedly 'unfixable' problems (although I can't imagine how a clutch can't be fixed) against an incredibly motivated and determined opponent (Rossi).

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Oct/061012s.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
Re: Estoril predictions / thoughts

OT said:
If Nicky does well, he'll have to do it on his own on a track he doesn't know well on a bike with supposedly 'unfixable' problems against an incredibly motivated and determined opponent (Rossi).

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Oct/061012s.htm
I don't get it, how can a clutch be 'unfixable'?? Is nicky just doing something totally different from everyone else that makes his clutch not work right? Does he have some newfangled clutch that's integrated with his bike that can't be replaced with a older style 'working' one? Seems like a curb about an inch high, but Honda can't make it work? So weird...
My money's on Rossi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,228 Posts
Re: Estoril predictions / thoughts

Nothing would make me happier than to see Nicky win. Honestly though as long as he does what is necessary to win the championship, I will be happy. [thumbsup]

[size=30pt]GO NICKY!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,745 Posts
Re: Estoril predictions / thoughts

they can't fix a clutch. riiiight.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,761 Posts
Re: Estoril predictions / thoughts

OT said:
If Nicky does well (and you believe everything you read), he'll have to do it on his own on a track he doesn't know well on a bike with supposedly 'unfixable' problems (although I can't imagine how a clutch can't be fixed) against an incredibly motivated and determined opponent (Rossi).

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Oct/061012s.htm
Terminal_Preppy said:
I don't get it, how can a clutch be 'unfixable'?? Is nicky just doing something totally different from everyone else that makes his clutch not work right? Does he have some newfangled clutch that's integrated with his bike that can't be replaced with a older style 'working' one? Seems like a curb about an inch high, but Honda can't make it work? So weird...
My money's on Rossi.
could just be the design of he motor... with the clutch in the middle... among all the heat...

yes, his motor is different than all the other rc211v and the clutch isn't interchangeable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Re: Estoril predictions / thoughts

I'll put in my $.02.

1)Rossi
2)Pedrosa
3)Capirossi
4)Hayden

Edited after a few hours of sleep. And a browse of the morning FP3
QP only 1-1/2 hours away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,324 Posts
Re: Estoril predictions / thoughts

It's up to Nicky at this point. He did what he needed to in qualifying.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
383 Posts
Re: Estoril predictions / thoughts

derby said:
could just be the design of he motor... with the clutch in the middle... among all the heat...

yes, his motor is different than all the other rc211v and the clutch isn't interchangeable.

yeah, they were saying a few weeks ago that the clutch was too close to the center and it was cooking itself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Re: Estoril predictions / thoughts

MonsterDuc said:
GO NICKY!!
Nahhhh
GO ROSSI!! >:D

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

OMG these last two races are going to be *blinders*. I can't wait! Me & mr snick were bouncing up and down on the sofa watching quals, can't waaait.

IMHO?
1) Rossi
2) Hayden
3) Pedrobot
4) Capirossi
Wait for me to be proven embarrassingly wrong ::) [laugh]

And what was Stoner doing farting about on the track like that? I do feel sorry for Pedrosa.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
holy **** stoner just took out gibby...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
HOLY **** HAYDEN OUT.. Taken out by Pedrosa. HOLY ****. Championship dreams are OVER...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I frickin LOVE HONDA and there NO TEAM ORDERS... Bye Bye Bye Bye Championship Hopes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,324 Posts
Dani better get a couple more bodyguards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Edwards is in Second and riding the racing line like he was a MAC truck to let Rossi get away and win.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Aaargh! Snick Mansion is abuzz with gasps and yells...

Our commentator said somehting about Rossi having a smile under his helmet; to be honest I don't think so, I don't think Rossi's had so much fun in a few seasons, because he loves racing and Hayden has given him more than enough of that! So I think he'll be gutted for Hayden and secretly really disappointed not to have someone to make the last race a down-to-the-wire challenge.

Wow, it's a blast watching Edwards fighting with Elias.... go guys! It would be ace to see KR on the podium too.

Aaah I'm just gutted for Hayden, gutted. :'( If he doesn't rip Pedro limb from limb, the short-arse will be *very* lucky.

Can anyone lip read? [laugh]

Plugging the figures in my Excel spreadsheet (yes I'm that sad!) the only way Hayden can win the championship is if he places first at Valencia and if Rossi is fifth or below... but Valencia is Vale's home track, so that's not looking too likely :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
elpato said:
Edwards is in Second and riding the racing line like he was a MAC truck to let Rossi get away and win.
LOL how clear are those team orders? Edwards has done a sterling job of defending Rossi's lead!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,324 Posts
MGP.com sucks. The feed dropped out and I can't get back on.
 
1 - 20 of 140 Posts
Top