Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Can only speak to my personal experience. 2009 M100, same error code. Had battery tested at shop and was told it was okay. I replaced solenoid, no luck. I checked and researched other possible causes with no luck, only frustration.
I decided to purchase a new battery and have not seen that error code in 3 years.

· Registered
5 Posts
I'll let you know...

I've got a 2012 796 that just started not starting. I've ordered a battery from Snyder Motorsports AND his manual at the strong suggestions from members here. Until the get here, I got a manual at: https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/servic...=MR&model=MR|M|M796+ABS&year=MR|M|M796+ABS|12
The battery is a pain to get to, but I figure it gets me to know the bike more.

All that to say, I'll let you know if it solves my problem. I sure hope so, I have only had it about a month. Bay Area Ducati rates are pushing me to do what I've wanted to do for some time - get my hands dirty!

Hope to get and install within a week. Fingers crossed!

· Registered
584 Posts
Lot's of forum entries and details on this error code but it's basically a software reset due to the battery not being up to the task of starting. You can go in many many directions (check the forums) for things to improve starting (clean connections/ground, evap canister, upgrade cables, clean/upgrade starter, even turning run off and pressing start for a couple of seconds of extra fuel pump, etc). My strong recommendation is to get yourself a battery tender and put the bike on the tender a couple of times per week. If it's needed every day but it resolves the issue and starts, then get yourself a new battery and likewise, put it on tender a couple of times a week and look after your new battery.

· Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just got this code 2 times in the last week. It reset my trip meter which really pisses me off.

Battery is supposed to be almost brand new (per OG owner) -August 2022 install.

I plugged in the tender.. green solid light, meaning fully charged.
Then I started the bike with the tender on, and the charger light turned red (charging). And its been charging for the last hour (?). Wtf?

Is my (supposedly) new battery toast, or do I have an ECU issue?

· Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just got this code 2 times in the last week. It reset my trip meter which really pisses me off.

Battery is supposed to be almost brand new (per OG owner) -August 2022 install.

I plugged in the tender.. green solid light, meaning fully charged.
Then I started the bike with the tender on, and the charger light turned red (charging). And its been charging for the last hour (?). Wtf?

Is my (supposedly) new battery toast, or do I have an ECU issue?
Same thing has just happened to me.....brand new battery and its giving me this message and not starting..... did you work it out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts