Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone think these (http://www.store.commoto.com/ducati-ergal-timing-belt-rollers-p-109.html) will make any significant difference to the way the bike performs.

I supposed dropping half a kilo of rotating weight in the motor is always a good thing but significant enough to warrant the costs??

Opinions??

Thx.

Jerry D
09 M696 Red since "Da red wunz go fasta"

·
Registered
197 Posts
i'm thinking of getting these at the 7,500 service.

if you really want to improve the performance, do what i did and go up 3 teeth in the rear sprocket (1100)...or what i did for the 696 and go to a 14T front (much cheaper option).

having done both, i would always go up in the rear than down in the front (so to speak...)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ergal rollers

I'm already running a 14t in the front. The prospect of dropping rotating mass in my engine is appealing to me tho. Just not sure how big a difference it will make.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i guess whoever gets them first will have to post... :)

without doubt, the 14T is by far the most cost-effective best mod you can make on the 696. second to that i would have to say the DP oil cooler. it makes a huge difference in stop and go traffic.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
"significant" and "warrant the cost" are relative terms. It's just part of the continueing effort to reduce rotating mass. I'm sure it does make a difference, but equally sure that you will never be able to tell. Some of the aftermarket units incorporate a method to adjust cam timing as well.
I put them on most of my bikes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts