Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not intending to jump in on your 'turf' twice in one day, but....
The SoCal Monsters have started kicking around ideas for an "annual meeting", trying to get all of the SoCal folks together at once.

Dunno if you SFBMHA'ers have accomplished anything like this, but I'm curious if you did, and if so, how many riders you got together, etc.

What I'm really posting about, however, is getting ALL of the California DML'ers together. For example, we could all converge on the SongDog Ranch via a Saturday of riding, then talk, barbecue, benchrace, party and whatnot, camp there the night, and everyone could ride home on Sunday.

This would be no idle undertaking, hence my 'EPIC' in the title.
But it would be really, really cool to do it.

Anybody interested?
Triple-dog-dare ya..........

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sarah,
Whooeee...tough crowd. 27 views and you're the first response. ;)

Alternate location is fine, I picked Songdog because it's the only place I knew of....I really don't know anything else about the 'middle ground' area around there.

Someplace with some hotels nearby would be fine, too, it would likely increase the participation level. Hot springs are something that sounds good.

Agreed, some cager support vehicles would be awesome, maybe a full sized van from each end? Haul everybody's extra crap, barbecue and camping supplies, serve as a sag wagon if (god forbid) if someone breaks down or bins it along the way.

I've never organized any gathering close to this scope, and I'm definitely a novice camper, so it's going to be interesting...

When to do it....that's a real big question. Ideally, about three weeks ago ;D

Thinking really grandiose, maybe this could be an annual thing, maybe in springtime? Not too hot, not too cold, minimize the chance of everybody sitting around in the rain saying "Who the [email protected]<k organized this nightmare?".

It's not much more than a neat idea at this point...........

Thanks for stepping up to help.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
That's a great idea!

How about somewhere near San Luis Obispo? It's about halfway b/n the SF Bay Area and SoCal (roughly 250 miles each way from SLO).

Plenty of hotels and restaurants, relatively close to the ocean, there are hot springs on the way to Avila Beach, etc..

besides, I always look for an excuse to get back down there (I went to school there).

G

·
Spring sounds good. I like the idea of San Luis Obispo area Avila Hot Springs etc. I will look into it starting now.

So..who would be interested in this from SFBMHA?? If we organize...will you come?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Hey Sarah How are you.... Yep just trying to keep up! ;D

See you on Saturday!

·
Registered
316 Posts
What an awesome idea!
I love San Luis Obispo. Maybe we could look into renting a vacation house for the weekend. A double car garage full of Ducs! Closets full of riding gear. Eating together...
How about the end of March? Predictable dry weather.
Cesar

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's no 'so happy I could cry' smilie, so :D :'(

Fantastic!

SLO sounds good, Avila Hot Springs sounds even better.
End of March works for me, but I'm pretty flexible....

I initially floated a SongDog location with the SoCal folks, but that's no problem. Maybe I'll get 'em up to SongDog fairly soon, get 'em used to racking up a few miles. ;D

If we can get this thing spun up pretty good, a vacation house may not be sufficient.....but that's a good thing.

I'll get the SoCal folks up to speed on the latest developments here, and I'll try to gauge the level of interest. We've ramped up pretty quick in the last few months, so I'm a little hard pressed to predict 5 months down the road....

Thanks for the enthusiasm!
----------------------------------------
BTW, how is Hwy 166 from Santa Maria over to the 33? Is it as good as it looks on the map, or is it a bunch of potholes connected by broken asphalt?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Speed,

We've had about 30+ riders (maybe 4 or so non-Ducati riders) on one of our rides one time.

I'm up for an annual get together. Plan it way in advance though b/c my schedule is pretty restrictive.

Daffe

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
... you can always beat up on the other cars on the freeway... wait, you can't do that.... it's illegal

Daffe

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
I like the SLO idea a lot. It would be another excuse to take Hwy 1 down the coast again. I rode from SF to LA in early March this year and it was just fantastic. It hadn't gotten hot yet, so when I returned to SF I took the Jolon/Ft. Hunter Liggett road and found myself in the midst of technicolor valleys of the most beautiful wild flowers ever. It was one of those rare moments when the road was great, but the scenery was so good you had to stop and pause a while.

Here's a little photo that doesn't really do justice to the moment:

I guess this is my long-winded way of saying, yeah, I'm in.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
I'm going to do a track day at Infineon in late March, but it is on a weekday. If the ride's over the weekend I'm good.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I'll have to skip it if it's late March... have something that was planned over 1 year ago at the end of March that I cannot miss.

If it's toward the end of April or early May that would be better. Don't forget, April 17th is the DNA ride.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts