Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently got a 2002 M620 dark. It is the first air-cooled vehicle that I have owned so I am not familiar with the way the engine temperature works. It seems to just keep getting hotter and hotter, but slows down around 220 F with the highest reaching over 260 F. What should I be seeing for this bike? I appreciate your responces.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
That's your oil temperature, 220-260 seems to be pretty normal from what folks say about their 620's.

How many miles do you have on your bike?

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you start to push the 320 range, it is probably time to stop and take a break. 260 to 280 is common with the 620s. Just make sure you oil level is always topped off.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I routinely see the 330+ range and every once in awhile Ive sen the temp indicator read "High" on my 620 racebike. I do change the oil every race weekend and use what I feel is the best oil I can get, and I put an oil cooler on it.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
That is exactly the range I see on the 620, even when sitting in heavy traffic. Sometimes when cool out on rides less than 20 miles it will stay on low.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hee hee, I asked the same question before. Not over 300 is fine.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. Good to know about my new bike before summer gets here.

·
Registered
852 Posts
My bike is running over 250 today (61 ambient temp. in Fahrenheit911!). Who makes oil cooler for the 620? I am a little uncomfortable with that high of a temperature, to be honest...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts