Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Accidentally left the bike out overnight the other week and upon starting her up, the cluster seemed to have allowed rain water in. Now I let her dry out in the sunshine for a couple of hours and the odometer and oil temp readings came back but the oil pressure light is still illuminated.
I've swapped out the oil pressure sensor and that didn't do the trick so I took her to GOLD COAST MOTORSPORTS in N.H.P., N.Y. b/c she was due for a new NYS inspection and they said I need a new gauge cluster. A $700 and change part.
Obviously I'd like to remedy the issue by cheaper means. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Zoltan

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
remedy -

in case anyone was interested. I unplugged and removed the cluster. Took it apart and found a considerable amount of water in the cluster housing. Left it over night inside. Allowed it to dry, put it back together and whalah. The gauge works and the bikes running strong.

Now I just have to figure out where the leak is and until then I can't ride in the rain or leave it without her being covered.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I had the same thing happen on my S2R after rain - except it was from the pressure sender. Opened it up, sprayed a bunch of wd40 in there and it was all good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts